4

4
Our makeout session was cut short though when we heard the key in the front door. Dave grinned and put his finger to his lips before hiding under my bed. I said goodnight to James and his parents and let Dave know the coast was clear.

"Can't I spend the night with you?" He whined.

"No, this was a mistake and you need to leave before we take it too far."

He scowled and left without protest but instead of leaving the house he went to his parents.

"Dave! What happened to you?" Betsy asked worriedly.

"Oh it's nothing. Can I stay the night?"

"Of course, sweetheart."

The next morning, I was the first one awake and went to make breakfast when Dave walked in.

"How are your injuries?"

He ignored me.
"Dave?"

Still nothing.
I went about making breakfast until he blocked the fridge.

"Don't try talking to me."

I wasn't in the mood to argue so just nodded and ate my food in silence while he stared at me. James and I decided to go out for lunch and were halfway through our meal when he stopped me.

"What's that on your neck?"

I touched my neck and couldn't feel anything.

"Where?"

"On the left, it looks like a brui- have you got a hickey?"

I blushed and tried to cover up where Dave had been last night.

"Omg! But you haven't been out. Did you have someone round when we were out last night?"

"Not really..." I trailed off.

James looked confused for a moment before a look of disgust crossed his face and he groaned.
"Oh god, don't tell me you've been sleeping with my brother!"

"No! Well we didn't sleep together. He came home last night while you were out and he was injured. I was going to make him leave after but..."
I trailed off guiltily and James head-butted the table.

"I thought you were scared of him?" He said finally.

"I am scared of him - he's a psychopath and I don't understand him at all. He has no emotion and he's manipulative, but he's charming and - I couldn't help it."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Dave was still there when we got home and apart from one glance when I walked in, he ignored me. I didn't try and talk or smile at him because he'd made it clear countless times that he didn't want anything to do with me. Last night didn't mean anything and we could go back to how we were. That was until he pushed me against the bedroom door.

"I missed you," he whispered into my skin. I pushed him off before we could make another mistake.

"I thought you were ignoring me."

He chuckled darkly and ran his hands down my sides.

"I was - but I want you now."

I scoffed and pushed his hands away.

"You can't be mean to me and then makeout with me. That's not how it works," I told him.

"But it suits me," he said casually.

"Well it doesn't suit me."

He pulled me in and ran his lips softly down my jawline.

"Oh really?"

Fuck.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I woke up naked in his arms and decided I didn't regret last night. He may be a moody psychopath but boy was he good in bed. His grip tightened around my waist as he pulled me closer.

"Ready for round two?" he smirked.

"I think we're on more than round two - but no, we need to get ready."

When we went down to breakfast, separately, no one suspected a thing. I'd covered the hickey(s) with makeup and James told me he wouldn't say anything so I felt on top of the world.

Dave was still his usual unpredictable self, sometimes he'd ignore me, sometimes he'd try and flirt but I tried to ignore him. I got what I wanted from him and I didn't want to get attached because I knew I was meaningless to him.

We managed to go two weeks ignoring each other before we caved again.