7

7
I had a stomach ache one evening so had gone to bed early, but when I woke up there was a lovely surprise waiting for me. I walked downstairs to find Jason and a tall blonde girl I'd never seen before sitting at the table. She was wearing one of his T-shirts and underwear that barely covered her. She literally looked like a model and Dave was grinning at her so he seemed to have enjoyed last night.

I didn't notice I was staring until the girl spoke up.

"Is that your sister?" she asked Dave.

"Yes."

He glared at me to keep my mouth shut so I smiled and made myself a tea but I was crushed inside - Dave kept glancing at me but I went upstairs to get away from the blonde girl's judgemental stare.

James came in and gave me a pitiful look.
"I know Dave had a girl over last night. Are you okay?"

I fake smiled and looked away.
"Of course, Dave and I aren't together. He can fuck whoever he wants."

I ignored Dave for the rest of the day even after the girl left and pretended like he didn't exist until he cornered me in my bedroom.

"What's going on with you today?"

I sighed and crossed my arms to create some space between us.

"What do you think? I wake up to find a girl in your clothes and you pretend I'm your sister. We sleep together and I know we're not official but there's something going on between us and-"

"Oh babygirl, there is nothing going on between us." He left with a kiss on my neck and a thousand thoughts running through my brain.

Why did he do this to me?

I tried to stay away from him - I really did this time. I even hooked up with other boys but they didn't fulfil me the way Dave did; there was something about him that drew me in and I couldn't shake the thought of him from my head.

Dave barely looked at me now and hooked up with a different girl every week. James said it was what was best for me and I thought that too until I saw Jason with other girls. I was jealous. I realised he hadn't been just a hookup to me, there were feelings involved and I really did like him.

He obviously didn't feel the same way because I was just another hookup to him. I got desperate one night and tried to get with him but he pushed me away.

"Just cause you're hooking up with other girls doesn't mean you can't still sleep with me," I said.

"I don't want to sleep with you anymore."

That hurt.

"You're bad for me," he continued.

"Oh I'm bad for you? That's rich isn't is? Okay tell me then - how am I bad for you?"

"You're the only person I care about. I have no emotional connection to my family or anyone. I only see them because I'm obliged to or when I want something. My friends - I have no friends; they're acquaintances. People I associate myself with because I want something from them. I'm messed up and everyone knows that and yet you still don't push me away. The girls I hook up with, I don't care about them, I get want I want and then I go. So why do I not want you to go? I got what I wanted from you once and yet I couldn't stay away. Why are you different? You ruin me Gracie and I don't understand why I want it. Why I want you."

I was speechless after his outburst and stood gaping until he spoke again.