5

5
I was trying to sit and read but he kept picking all my stuff up and laughing.

"Why are you laughing at me?" I snapped.

"You're just too cute, doll," he smirked, wiggling my teddy in my face.

I sighed and got up from the bed, but his strong grip around my waist pulled me back on top of him.

"Hey, don't go."

"Why should I stay?"

"Because I want you," he told me huskily, flipping us over so he was on top of me.

My brain told me to leave before I could get sucked in again, but my body couldn't resist him. One more night couldn't hurt, right?

One more night turned into two, then three, then four - until it became a regular thing. James heard us one night and I decided to tell him the truth. His parents were still oblivious and Dave was adamant they couldn't find out.

Dave didn't do dating, and I didn't want to date him because I couldn't stand him; we were just friends with benefits, except we weren't friends. He was rude and mean and scary and we just hooked up.

However, the more time we spent together I'd notice subtle things he did that made me think he cared about me. He'd do things I liked, or even act like a gentleman when we weren't sleeping together. We actually got along pretty well in the day time and he wasn't as mean to me any more. I was actually starting to like him until one day he went back to ignoring me and threw my food in the bin for no reasons. His mood swings were worse than a pregnant woman and I couldn't handle it anymore.

James and I went out for lunch like we did every week and I told him about Dave.

"I don't know what he wants from me. I mean we'll sleep together and then he'll pretend I don't exist in the morning. It's not even like a one night stand because it's quite regular but-"

"I do not want to hear about your sex life - especially with my brother thank you very much. But if you want my advice, don't let him get to you. Use him for what you want or just cut him off completely," James said.

We stayed friends with benefits and I decided to stop caring about him. He confused me with his changing moods and I was fed up of him making me sad all the time so sometimes I spoke to him, sometimes I didn't, sometimes we slept together, sometimes we didn't - whatever suited me for a change.

I was out to lunch with James again when an attractive boy our age came up to us.

"I hope you don't think I'm rude but are you two dating?" He asked.

"No, we're just friends."

"Oh good, I've seen you a few times around here and I think you're beautiful. Could I have your number?" he asked, looking flustered.

I blushed and grinned at him while James kicked me under the table and nodded towards the boy.

"Of course, I'm Gracie, thank you very much."

The boy, Dan, gave me his number and I told him I'd message him when I got home.

"Gracie! This is amazing! He seems sweet," James gushed.

I was flattered and messaged Dan when I got in. We were talking for quite a bit and then he even called me so we could arrange to meet up. When I'd finished the call, Dave stormed in my room and walked up close to me.

"Who was that?"

"A boy I met today asked for my number and we've just been chatting," I told him.

Dave scoffed and folded his arms.
"Desperate much."

"Excuse me?"

"You don't wanna sound easy - already making arrangements to meet up. He could be a psycho," Dave said.

"That's rich coming from you and anyway - why's it any of your concern?"

Dave just shook his head and left.