Part 19

"Where do we go from here?" George finally breaks the awkward silence that covered the room.

"Well, I'll probably go back to John's!" I joke with a halfhearted laugh.

He lets out a small chuckle.

"No, I meant what do we do now? We leave to go back home in two days. You're still me neighbor. We'll have to set some boundaries."  He says, hopping out of bed to put his pants back on.

"I guess I'll have to stop babysitting Dhani?"

He thinks for a minute.

"No, our families may suspect something if you do that. Especially right after we return home at the exact same time. They may put the pieces together."

He's right, but truthfully I don't want to babysit anymore. I can't bear it.

"George, I don't think I'll be able to do it. I don't think I can handle being around you and..." I try to find the right words.

"I don't think I can behave myself." I admit.

He crawls back into bed next to me fully clothed. My body is still bare, my nudity held back only by the blankets that I'm clinging to.

"It's going to be rough for me too, but I've got to make these changes, Sadie. We can't keep doing this." He asserts.

"Who are you trying to convince George? Me or yourself?"

He gets upset at my comment and huffs to the kitchen sink to get a glass of water. I follow him with the blanket wrapped tightly around me.

"Look Sadie, we'll just have to figure it out when we get back home." He barks. "And put some clothes on please!"

I'm taken aback by his sudden attitude change, but decide not to let it bother me.

"Okay DAD, Jesus!" I whine, dropping my blanket to the floor and skipping back to the bed to retrieve my garments. I watch as George tries not to look at my naked body as I slide back into my skirt and blouse.

Once finished, I walk back into the kitchen and stare at George who has nothing but a blank expression. I'm wondering what's going on inside that handsome head of his because it looks as if he's holding back.

"If something's on your mind, say it!" I groaned, crossing my arms in a somewhat childish manner.

"You're sleeping with Lennon, ain't ya?" He seethes, slamming his glass down onto the granite countertop.

I widen my eyes at the accusation, wondering what gives him the right to inquire about my sex life.

"No, George. You're the only one I've ever been with." I want to sound confident but I'm actually quite hurt, when I finish my sentence I feel a tear shed onto my cheek.

"I don't want to give myself to anyone else." I whisper, wiping my eyes on my long bell sleeve.

George seems remorseful, suddenly changing his heart and becoming warmer.

"I'm sorry, Sadie. I shouldn't have said that."

"You're right. You shouldn't have. I've been too busy bawling my eyes out to fuck someone else, George. God, do you really think I'm that easy?" I cry, walking briskly towards the table that held my purse. I swoop it over my shoulder and begin to head out the door.

"Of course not Sadie, it's just... you're staying with him, and we both know he's been trying to get you in the sack since we got here!"

"Oh shut up. I'm done getting lectures from you. We talked, we fucked, now please- let me go." I hiss. He puts his hands in the air as if to give up and let's me go on my way.