Part 32

"What?"

I felt like my vision had gotten hazy. I was completely stunned.

"I said I'm in love with ye. I have been since the moment I laid me eyes on ye." He repeated himself, staring into my soul with his deeply pained eyes.

"I-" I didn't know what to say, and thankfully I didn't have to reply because the driver snapped his fingers at us.

"I've got another stop, please get out of my car!" He yelled from the front seat.

John and I both got out of the car and retrieved our luggage from the trunk. My legs felt wobbly, and my mind had turned to mush. I had no idea what I was going to do or say about this.

"Ye ready?" John asked as he extended his hand out, I took it and right away he could tell I was shaking in his grip.

"Sadie Listen..."

"It's cold, John. Let's go inside." I said sternly, staring off in the distance. John looked to his feet sheepishly and we began to walk inside.

When we reached the desk to check in, my eyes were immediately drawn to the bar. All I wanted was a stiff drink to calm my raging nerves, but that wasn't even an option.

I scanned over the area once more and spotted a familiar figure sitting at one of the barstools. With his thick permed hair and long wool sweater, it couldn't be anybody but George. This just went from bad to worse.

"Sadie." John said, though I didn't move a muscle. He noticed and looked over to where I was staring, and sighed heavily.

"Fuck... do ye want to go somewhere else?" He asked. I couldn't speak. I just stared as I watched George smile at the bartender. That same sweet smile that intoxicated me every time I looked at it.

"No, it's okay." I finally replied, gathering myself enough to walk.

"Where are ye going?" John asked, trailing right behind me.

"I have to see him." I said. John grabbed my elbow and twisted me around, forcing me to look him in the eyes.

"You'll see him in the morning, Sadie. It's far too late." He asserted as he peered over my shoulder. All of the sudden his eyes grew wide. I looked at him curiously.

"And it looks like George is pretty busy at the moment." John muttered quietly. I quickly turned around and watched as some teeny little blonde harlot put her arm around George. My George. I gasped and fell to my knees.

"Sadie! Sadie!" John knelt down beside me, holding me close and pressing a kiss on my head. "Sadie don't watch. Please."

I couldn't take my eyes off of the scene. George kissing this mystery woman right in the middle of the hotel bar. My heart was ripping apart at the seams. I began to weep hysterically in John's arms.

"Sadie! Calm down... the baby... please calm down for the baby." John whispered into my hair, kissing my scalp after every word. I kept panting as the tears fell, and soon we were the center of attention.

"Sadie." John said my name again, and through my watery eyes I saw George and his woman look our way. Even through our wigs and glasses, he still recognized us. He quickly rushed over, stumbling due to the alcohol he'd most likely consumed.

"Sadie!" George yelped, causing me to look up. I immediately swatted him in the face with the strength of a body builder.

"Fuck!" He shouted, rubbing his cheek tenderly.

"WHAT THE FUCK, GEORGE?" I cried, not even giving a rip who was watching us.

"Ohhhh, honey." The mystery woman cooed, coming to George's rescue and wrapping him in her arms.