Part 41

May 1979

Five months had passed since George and I found out about our daughter, and I would soon be entering my final month of pregnancy.

Aside from our scare three months in, everything was going swimmingly. George and I of course were still forbidden from having any sexual intercourse, but we found ways to satisfy one another.

It was actually refreshing to have to refrain from sex, because for the first time in our whole relationship we were forced to connect without using our bodies. In a lot of ways, our chemistry has blossomed even more and we were stronger than ever because of it.

George had fallen into the role of a soon-to-be father rather easily given that he'd already been through it once before. He was absolutely over the moon about anything and everything concerning our little girl- who was now called Daisy.

Thankfully we weren't living in a hotel room anymore, as George found us a house near our old neighborhood. We decided that it was important for us to be close to both my parents and Olivia, so George could see Dhani and my mother could help with Daisy.

Though my parents still weren't overjoyed about my relationship with George or the pregnancy, they were coming around slowly. My mum especially had come to embrace the idea of being a grandmother, and had even helped me paint the nursery and shop for furniture.

For the first time in a very long time, everything was going well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oof!" I gasped as I felt a sharp kick from within.

I looked down to my very prominent belly and laid a hand on it, speaking softly to my daughter in a motherly tone of voice.

"Quite the little martial artist, aren't we Daisy?"

I giggled and stretched my back out, then stood in the doorway to admire the nursery. Though I never considered myself to be much of a decorator, I was impressed with how everything in the room seemed to come together beautifully.

The walls were a creamy, off-white with yellow polka dots sprinkled on top mimicking the colors of daisies. In the corner of the room there was a large wooden bookshelf painted with the same shade of pale yellow used for the polka dots. Inside it was lined with all sorts of books that George and I had collected over the months, just waiting to be read.

Her crib was plain and simple with natural wood bars, yellow sheets, and a knit pillow with her name on it. The crib perfectly matched the rocking chair that sat in the other corner by the window, and the dresser that was adjacent to the bookshelf. The sheets also matched the drapes, and the rug that laid in the middle of the room.

Everything was marvelous, and before I knew it I had tears in my eyes as I imagined bringing her home to this room. I thought about how sweet she would look laying peacefully in her daddy's arms as he sang her lullaby's. I thought about her little feet padding across the shag carpeting when she eventually takes her first steps. So many memories were to be made right here in this room, and I just couldn't wait.

Evidently neither could she, as she immediately gave me another hard kick in the ribs- breaking me out of my daydream. I laughed and began to skip merrily down the hallway to the kitchen to start dinner.