Part 24

December 1978

"Sadie! Come on! We're going to be late if you don't get down here!" My mother shouts from the downstairs foyer.

I finish curling my last few strands of hair and fluff it up with my fingers, spraying a bit of hair spray to lock it in place.

Perfect

"SADIE!" She repeats.

"I'm coming!" I yell, quickly stepping into my high heels and smoothing over my green pencil skirt.

I rush down the stairs to where my parents are and swipe on one last coating of lipstick in front of the mirror by the door.

"Sadie, please." My dad said, pointing to his watch and tapping on it furiously.

"The party is right next door! I don't know why you guys are in such a fucking rush!"

"You better watch your language!" Dad barked.

I roll my eyes and huff, clicking the top back onto my lipstick and blowing the mirror a kiss.

"You look nice, honey." My mum compliments.

"Thanks!"

And with that we were out the door, heading to the Harrison's house for their annual Christmas party.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah! The Brooks family! I'm so happy you guys could make it!" Olivia cheers. When we step inside their home I'm immediately hit with the sweet scent of pastries and cinnamon. I look around and notice the many nicely decorated tables that held sugary treats and appetizers.

My parents quickly begin yucking it up with the elites, so I walk over to one of the tables to get a bite to eat, admiring the extravagant decor that adorned the walls so perfectly.

"Care for a drink?"

I'd know that voice anywhere.

"I'd love one, Thank you Mr. Harrison!" I smile and turn around to face him. He looked incredible, dressed head to toe in a white suit with a red handkerchief in the front pocket. His mustache was perfectly groomed and his hair was as bouncy and luscious as ever, practically begging my fingers to run through it.

"You look lovely, Sadie." He compliments, handing me a mug of egg nog and moving in close to my ear. "I could just eat you up." He whispers into it, his hot breath making me feel tingly inside.

"You look quite delicious yourself!" I smile coquettishly.

We lock eyes for a quick second, then Olivia sneaks up behind him and wraps her arm around his waist.

"What are you two up to?" She asks, leaning up to kiss George on the cheek.

"Hello Love! Just catching up with our favorite babysitter!" He replies smoothly. Olivia pretty much ignores him and shifts her gaze to me, she looks to be on a mission.

"Sadie, I wanted to talk to you in private for a minute!" She beams, reaching out to take my hand. George flashes her a puzzled expression.

"Girl talk, honey." She winks at him.

"Understood!" He lifts his hands up and smiles, then joins a group of men over by the bar.

Olivia leads me over to an empty corner and leans into me with a gleam in her eye.

"See that boy over there?" She asks, pointing subtly in the direction of a man standing by the Christmas tree.