Part 34

"You know I've dreamt of this moment since the very first time we made love." George spoke against my neck while his fingers gently traced circles on my stomach. The sun was shining brightly through the curtains, a showing me that morning had arrived in the midst of our reunion.

"Dreamt of what? We've woken up together before..." I chuckled as I stared at the ceiling.

"Not like this..." George suddenly rose up and looked over at me, his eyes filled with adoration. "This time we're not sneaking around. This time you're all mine. There's nothing to worry about, nobody to hide from. It's just you and me, darling."

I cracked a smile and propped myself against the headboard, dragging the sheets to my chest to cover my nakedness. Even though I was happy to be here with George, I still felt sickened by everything going on.

George looked into my eyes and I could tell he sensed something off. He held his arms out to hold me and I wearily fell into them, burying my face in his chest to hide my tears.

"What's the matter?" He whispered against my head, rubbing his fingertips up and down my spine protectively. "Have I done something?"

His question broke me down completely, and I became a sobbing mess in his arms.

"George were you really going to sleep with that call girl?" I asked, my shaky voice slightly muffled by his skin.

George immediately cleared his throat and held onto me tighter.

"Yes, alright. I was going to sleep with her." He admitted, pushing me off gently. He took his hand and lifted up my chin, staring into my tear-soaked eyes with guilt.

"But I thought you were gone, Sadie. You hadn't called, and you didn't even tell me where you were going." He continued. I nodded understandingly, yet I still felt uneasy about it all. I wasn't even gone a week, how could he move on so quickly?

"How many women did you sleep with while I was gone?" I asked looking directly in his eyes.

"None. That call girl was the only one, and even though nothing ended up happening I'll always hate myself for even considering betraying you."

"Will you though?" I asked, and George suddenly looked confused.

"What do you mean?"

"You just...you always say all the right things, don't you? You promise me the world and then something comes along and fucks it up!" I barked, wiping my tears away impatiently as they fell. I wrapped the sheet around myself and got up from the bed, then walked over to the window to stare out at the sky.

"George I love you so much but I just don't know if I can trust you..."

"You can, Sadie!" He rose up from the bed to join me by the window, his palms running up and down my shoulders.

"Sadie I know it's gonna take a lot of work for me to prove how much you mean to me, but I swear I'll spend the rest of me life showing you that I'm worthy of your love."

"I want to believe you, I really do."

"So believe me then!"

"It's not that easy!"

"Fucking hell Sadie, what do you want from me? Do you want a ring? Do you want a house? Do you want to move to Paris? Whatever it takes to keep you around I'll bloody do it!" He was nearly in tears, his voice crackling more with every word.

"I don't want things George! I just want you- all of you! I don't want to share you with any other women! I don't want to constantly live in fear!"