10: In Which They Declare Their Feelings

Coby

"I'm sorry Ariana; I did not mean to cause you any trouble..." I state whilst scratching the back of my head, although I cannot stop the blooming smile from appearing on my lips because of what just happened.

Ariana choose me. She choose me. But why would she stick up for me like that, and pick me over her supposed love? She must not really care for him, which makes me incredibly happy. Maybe she does love me? I know it is not quite the right attitude to have, but I am relieved Jasper no longer wants to marry Ari, which is the only reason I am not chasing after him to beat his brains out for insulting her.

"Did not mean to cause me trouble?" She scoffs. "You should not have interfered, or have even been here in the first place! Were you following us?" She asks madly, looking cute with a pout on her lips, although I probably should not tell her that.

"Well..." I begin awkwardly, scratching the back of my neck.

"I knew it! Because of your stupidity, you have caused trouble between Jasper and I! What if he takes my rejection to him personally against Ushor? You may have caused a war!" She exclaims anxiously.

"Hey, Ari, Ari. Calm down, it is all going to be fine. I'm sorry, look I will even go and apologise to him myself if necessary." I say to sate her nervous, although I would rather chug poison.

Stepping closer I pull her into a hug which she offers very little resistance to.

"Why did you get involved when he kissed me?" She hums after a moment with her head buried in my chest, causing me to tense.

Figuring now is as good a time as any; I decide to just go for it, even if I get my heart ripped out my chest.

"Because I... I love you Ariana." I admit. "I fell for you and I am still falling. You make my heart smile, and I admire and love everything about you. Every. Single. Thing. You are perfect..." I stress as she looks up at me in shock, her eyes going glassy as they fill with (hopefully) happy tears.

"Oh Coby... it is... it is too late for that." She sniffs as she retracts herself from me, instantly making me feel cold. "My relationship with Jasper has gone on for too long. I may have to marry him if he will still have me to save the allegiance between our countries. I have obviously offended him, which is all my – well and yours, fault. I have to put my feelings aside and do what's best for Ushor now." She announces, blackening my heart.

"No... Ariana please. You can talk to your father and sort something out; you don't have to marry him." I plead desperately and step closer, but she holds out her hand and moves away.

"Coby, no. This is bigger then ourselves. I am sorry... it is too late." She reveals mournfully.

However, I cannot be as noble as she is. I need her, and I will be damned before I willingly let her marry another man. In a moment of desperation, I rush closer and pull her into my arms, before sealing my lips over hers. She lets out an oof of surprise, before melting into my touch with a moan and kissing me back harder. As our lips melt together, I feel as though I am walking on air, and finally complete. It is magic, and I feel drunk on her soft caresses and delicate lips pressing against mine, much warmer and softer then I could have ever imagined. The kiss obliterates every thought, and every worry and stress we are experiencing leaves my mind like water evaporating on a blistering summers day. Moments later, we part, breathing heavily but still wrapped up in each other's embrace, which is how it should always be. I feel like I have been waiting my whole life for this kiss, and now I have had it I am finally awake and would do anything to receive another.

"I. Love. You." I emphasise again, kissing both of Ariana's cheeks and her cute little button nose causing her to sigh. "I am nothing without you Ari. These past few weeks have been absolute torture without you by my side. You are the only girl I will ever want and need in my life." I stress, hoping that she will take a chance on me - take a chance on us.

"Oh Coby... that was beautiful." She whispers emotionally. "I have been in love with you for years and years, always dreaming that this day would happen. Why do you have to have such bad timing?"

I chuckle slightly as an unstoppable smile stretches upon my lips hearing that Ariana loves me too. If only I had not made her wait so long. One thing for sure is I am not letting her go now, especially when we have finally admitted our true feelings to each other.

"I am sorry my love. It took me a while to realise how I really felt about you, but now I know I am irrevocably in love with you, and have been for a long time. I was just too scared to admit it to myself, as the thought of having you as a friend was better then not having you at all." I confess.

"I was only courting Jasper because I thought you did not love me. I thought I could use him as a pawn, someone to make you jealous or to forget about you. I thought it did not work." Ariana reveals with her honeyed voice.

"Well, it certainly worked." I murmur grumpily, pulling her tighter into my body and giving her another possessive kiss, causing her cheeks to flush sweetly.

"I am so sorry... I treated you awfully." She begins looking distressed.

"Hey, hey. It is all going to be all right now Ariana. I forgive you. I have got you and I love you more then anything."

"How is it going to be alright? What about Jasper? My father?" The uncertainties of the future tumble out of her lips like a waterfall.

"It will all work out, you will see. I promise you I will sort everything out." I vow, knowing that I would move the heavens and earth to be with this girl. "I love you Ariana, and nothing could change that."

"I love you too Coby. So much." She whispers, before I lean down and kiss her again, loving the way she responds immediately and pulls me closer.

Edited

Eeek! I really love this chapter guys! We have only got one more and an epilogue left, which will probably be coming out on Monday! Please vote if you want it soon! xoxo