Epilogue

Princess Ariana

Ten years later...

A couple of days ago my dear friend Queen Bellatrix and her husband King Nikolaos of Kustrington arrived in Ushor for a visit. It is certainly a joyous occasion, as before this trip we had not seen each other for nearly two years! The reason why it has been so long is that there has been a lot of unrest and trouble across the high seas because of a peak in pirates and bandits crime. We simply could not risk the journey whilst our armies fought the thieving scoundrels. What caused all of this was a terrible event, which happened fourteen months ago, where the Royal Ship from the country of Alluvia was attacked, and the pirates kidnapped the youngest Princess. She has not been seen since, and there was such an uproar over it that every pirate has been viciously hunted and killed in a global campaign, but there has been no success in finding the lost Princess.

Finally, the terror on the high seas has calmed down, meaning it is safe to travel again. Bellatrix and Nikolaos are visiting with their lovely children Calypso, Hero and little Iridessa who is now four.

Nine years ago, Coby and I became husband and wife in a beautiful ceremony with only close friends and family. It was a perfect day with the sun shining gaily and romantic roses scattered everywhere, and Coby was the essence of handsome. From our unending love came our beautiful Tatiana who is now six, the troublesome twins Seraphina and Solomon who are four, and our baby Jedidiah who has only been with us for a couple of months. My life with Coby has been magnificent and as faultless as I always knew it would be, although we have had our vicissitudes as every couple does. Coby is a wonderful father, much more patient then I am, and incredibly loving to our little brood. Tatiana is always clinging to me, whereas the twins are always competing for their father's attention.

The now King Jasper did end up marrying Princess Flower, and as far as I have heard they are happy and expecting a second baby in the fall. Understandably, we are not close friends, but we make sure to exchange pleasantries if we are ever in each other's acquaintance. Coby always gets quite possessive when I am around other men, especially Jasper because of our history, and I find it quite sweet because I know it is not because Coby does not trust me, rather he does not trust anyone else around his 'beautiful wife who is impossible not to fall in love with'.

My brother Leonardo did end up marrying the maid Luella, as they realised they could not live without each other, but this did not happen without consequence. He had to step down from his title as Prince, and is not allowed to live in the palace or any other royal dwellings. It is the law of the land that those of royal blood are not allowed to marry commoners - especially those of the working class, and it caused quite a scandal, so the stripping of his title was the least he could have been punished with. My father managed to bend the rules so that Leo and his wife were not banished from Ushor altogether, although he did not want to punish them for falling in love at all. Sometimes Kings have to make hard decisions though. Leonardo does not regret his decision, as he is very happy with his life on a prosperous farm with a loving wife and two children. I make sure to visit them all at least once a month.

Octavius is now the King of Ushor, as my father stepped down when my mother tragically passed away. No one knows exactly what was wrong with her, but she was very sick and weak during her last months. There is not a day that goes by where I do not miss her warm laugh and motherly smiles, but I know she is out of pain now, which calms my grieving soul. Octavius is married to Lady Aurelia - well, Queen Aurelia now, and they have two little terrors in the form of sons named Prince Octavius the 4th and Prince Maximus the 2nd, and a sweet yet crafty daughter named Princess Giselle.

"Has not life turned out to be funny? Who would have thought that I would end up tied down willingly with three wonderful children? Thirteen years ago I could not have thought of anything worse!" Bellatrix giggles from besides me whilst holding little Jedidiah, and watching our elder children play out in the brilliant sunshine.

"I know! However, to be honest I always knew you would settle down. You are too beautiful and sweet to be left untouched." I chuckle back.

"Thank you Ariana, but even after all these years and four children you are much prettier then I." Bellatrix sighs.

"Do not be silly!" I gasp. "You have always been stunning Bella darling, where do you think your girls get their beauty from?"

"Thank you Ari, but your girls are also stunning. All of your children are going to be heartbreakers when they are older, especially little Tatiana. She is one of the sweetest, most good-natured little girls in the world!" Bellatrix exclaims.

"Thank you, much like Iridessa! But do not let Coby hear you say that, he has already told Tati and Sera that kissing boys will give them diseases, and they are not allowed to marry until they are thirty!" I giggle, knowing my husband is going to be in for a hellish time when our angelic girls come of age.

"Oh, Nicky is just the same. Iridessa hangs onto every word he says and is very meek, but Calypso is very stubborn and head strong, and will not let anyone tell her what to do - even at nine years old. I know we are going to have major problems with her as she reaches the bloom of adulthood." Bella sighs whilst bouncing Jedidiah on her knees.

"Oh, I wonder who she gets that from." I murmur playfully, referring to the fact that Bellatrix is easily the feistiest and most stubborn person I have ever met, possibly in the world. Only Nikolaos has been able to tame her.

She is infamous around the world for being headstrong and as stubborn as a mule, which I love her for. Women who cannot stand up for themselves and think that finding a well-bred husband with good money is their only way to achieve happiness in life annoy me considerably. There is more to life then marriage and reproducing, but it is an important part once you meet the right person.

"Ariana sweetheart, how are you feeling?" Coby asks as he slips out of the back door with Nikolaos and settles on the love seat beside me, pulling me in for a tender kiss and hug.

"Better now that you are here." I giggle like a teenager.

No matter how old we get he never fails to make my heart race and butterflies to swirl around my stomach.

"Same my love. I have missed you today." He sighs as he buries his head into my neck, referring to the fact that he has to stay out for long hours most days training and running the Royal Guard.

"Daddy! Daddy!" The children scream as they realise their fathers have come outside.

"Hello little ones!" Jasper chuckles as our baby's race up to us, and the twins scramble all over their father.

I hurriedly place my china teacup out of the way to avoid another accident like last Tuesday. I am still mourning the loss of my great-grandmothers sugar bowl.

It is never quiet or calm around here for long, the chaos of having four young children obvious at every moment of the day until they finally go to sleep, but I would not change anything for the world. I love my family more then life itself, and without them, nothing would really have meaning. My happiness is all down to Coby.

He will always be my Captain of the Royal Guard, and I his Princess.

I really hope you enjoyed this book guys! I am sad it has come to an end already.

I have now published the story of the Princess who was kidnapped by pirates mentioned at the start of the epilogue, it is called 'The Tale of a Princess Kidnapped by Pirates' if you are interested!

Love you all xoxo

Edited