11: In Which Everything Works Out

Princess Ariana

I can hardly believe how perfect today has turned out. I woke up wondering whether life was really worth living, and now I am floating among the stars, ecstatically happy. Still, there is one more thing I have to do before my life is completely sorted out. I have to talk things over with Jasper. I am currently hovering outside his room, hearing him shouting at one of his advisors and insulting me.

I guess I deserve that.

I have given Jasper the night to calm down, but it is now first thing in the morning and he still seems to be caught in the grips of anger. Oh dear! I want nothing more then to escape back to the arms of my love, who, spoiler alert: loves me back. Maybe Coby will kiss me again... although the thought causes my cheeks to blush bright red. I have quickly become addicted to his lips.

I wrote a letter to my dearest friend Bellatrix last night informing her of the development on the situation. It will take a week to reach her but I cannot wait to receive a reply. I just know Bella will be so happy that Coby and I have admitted our feelings for each other, and are finally together. If Coby and I get married (well, let us be real, I am not marrying anyone else!) she is going to be my chief bridesmaid.

I know that the quicker I rip the bandage off and speak to Jasper the quicker I will get to see Coby, so I suck in my remaining courage and knock firmly on his door. It all goes quiet for a second before the door creaks open, and the pompous man I have come to know as Lord Edgar comes into view. He is very short and round, and has deep pox scars embedded into his skin.

"Oh, Princess Ariana." He exclaims in his nasally voice. "I shall leave Prince Jasper and you to sort out your differences." He announces before running from the room, seemingly very eager to get away.

"Hello Jasper." I gulp, seeing him glare at me from the other side of his room. "May I come in? I think we need to have a conversation." I request, and he reluctantly motions for me to join him inside.

"Have you come to make even more of a mockery of me?" He says drily whilst pouring himself a whiskey from a crystal bottle.

"No, I have come to explain myself. I am so sorry Jasper. I never meant to offend or upset you and I have enjoyed our time together immensely – but as friends and nothing more. I am sure that there is a girl for you out there somewhere, but she is not me. My heart has already been taken." I reveal.

"Oh, so this whole time you were just leading me on? That was a really low thing of you to do." Jasper spits.

"I know, I know... and I am so sorry. But at first I really did think I would be able to marry you, but now I know I would be miserable, because my heart has already been taken." I beg him to understand.

"Oh, let me guess, you love that worthless nobody right? Jacob?"

"Hey! Look, I am sorry for leading you on, but don't you dare speak ill of Coby. I love him and he is a brilliant man."

"Whatever, I get it. Thanks for wasting my time, and do not worry – I shall not be wasting any more of yours. I am leaving this evening as there is no reason for me to be here anymore."

"Ok Jasper. I really am sorry though, and please, I beg of you, do not hold this against my father or Ushor. It is my entire fault." I insist.

"I know Ariana." He sighs. "I am not that stupid, it is just my pride has been hurt, and I was beginning to really like you." He admits.

"I really am sorry Jasper; I hope that one day we can be friends. May I just suggest though, if you are still looking for a Queen, that you try the country Bre Smium? Princess Flower is looking for a husband, and she will be most pleased if you take an interest in her. Also Bre Smium is one of the largest producers of cotton and livestock in the world, which could prove to be a useful ally to you." I suggest.