Chapter 25 : The greatest loss

Magno pulled himself away from me and looked at me like a lost little child. "I... I have to see her. I need to see Reika." 

He turned to look at his crying friends as he asked, "D-dalhin n'yo ako sa kanya. Gusto ko siyang makita."

The room fell silent again. Magno's eyes turned to Warren. "Warren, nasaan siya?"

Warren scratched his head as he looked down. "Mags, about that..."

"Warren where's her body?" I asked out of confusion. Something about the look on Warren's face worried me.

"Lucho, Silver, and I found Reika bleeding in the sidewalk. We rushed her here and she was rolled to surgery. We didn't know what to do, we were worried for Reika's parents, so we thought maybe we could just wait until the surgery ends before we tell them. W-we thought she would..." Warren stammered as his tears fell. He was having trouble speaking so Lucho came forward.

"Umalis kami ni Warren para sunduin ang mga magulang ni Reika at ang iba pa. Silver was the only person left here but then she saw Vicky, she freaked out when she realized she was the one who killed Reika. Nagkagulo sila. Pagdating ng mga magulang ni Reika, sabi nawala raw ang bangkay. Nagkagulo lalo sa paghahanap kay Reika hanggang sa umamin ang isa sa mga nurse na ang Lolo n'yo raw pala ang kumuha sa bangkay niya. May nakapagsabi yata na hospital official sa kanya na sinugod dito si Reika," lumuluhang paliwanag ni Lucho.

"Your Grandfather refused to let any of us see Reika... even your parents begged him but he wouldn't budge. Kahit lumuhod na sa harap niya ang Mommy ni Reika, ayaw pa rin. Galit na galit siya sa aming lahat dahil sa nangyari sa inyo ni Reika, ayaw niya nga ring pasalihin sina Jethro sa paghahanap sa'yo kasi nawalan na raw siya ng tiwala sa mga tiga Filimon Heights," Apollo relayed, anger evident in his swollen eyes.

"I-I have to talk to him! R-Reika's alive!" Magno suddenly jolted up and yanked the needle away from his hand, not minding his blood that splattered on the ground. We all screamed and tried to stop him but before he could even leave the room, his parents appeared by the door.

"Kuya!" His younger brother quickly ran up to him and hugged him tight, so did his parents.

They hugged for a while until Magno broke away, still in tears. "D-Dad, nasaan si Lolo? Kailangan ko siyang makausap!"

"No, we can't let your Grandfather get ahold of you too! Mabuti na nga lang at ang mga kaibigan mo ang nakahanap sa'yo at hindi siya. Who knows what kind of manipulation he'd do to you," his father said authoritatively despite being in tears. "Rico and Abbey can't even grieve their daughter's death because of him!"

"I-I'll talk to him! He will listen to me! Please, Reika's alive! S-sigurado akong tinatago niya lang si Reika!" Magno uttered desperately and at that moment, all I felt for him was pity. I couldn't help but cry even more, so did his friends.