1. Into the woods

"Sometimes the smallest steps in the right direction ends up being the biggest steps of your life"

---

It was the last night of summer in Beacon Hills and Harper Lupus was getting ready for school tomorrow.

Then her phone rang, she picked it up and looked at the caller ID to see Lydia's name, before she answered the phone and put it to her ear "Hey" she said "Harper, I am freaking out right now" Lydia said and Harper smiled "Lydia, you are always freaking out every year on the night before the first day of school" she said with a smile "It's not just that Harper, Jackson have been away most of the summer, so this is the first time I will see him after weeks apart, therefore I need to look hot" Lydia said and Harper took a deep breath while she rolled her eyes.

Jackson was Lydia's boyfriend, he was the popular guy in school, he think that he was so tough and good looking. Harper didn't like him, she think that he was kind of an ass especially when he acting like a dick towards her two close friends, Stiles Silinski and Scott McCall, but since he was dating her best friend, she have to accepted him and pretending that she like him.

"Harper, I have no idea what to wear" Lydia said through the phone, "I don't believe that, you are Lydia Martin and that Lydia I know, always know what to wear, so just take a deep breath, calm down, go to bed and tomorrow you will know what to wear, I promise" she said.

Lydia took a deep breath "Thank you Harper, I am glad I have a friend like you" she said and Harper smiled "I am also glad I have a friend like you" she said "See you tomorrow" Lydia said, "See you tomorrow" Harper said and hung up.

Harper continued getting ready, when her phone rang again, she looked at the Caller ID, and smiled when she saw Stiles' name.

She put the phone to her ear "Hey Stiles" she said, "Hey Harps. Grab your jacket, come outside, so we can pick up Scott and go into the woods, because there is something important we shall see" Stiles said over the phone "Stiles, it's late and is a big day tomorrow, it's the first day of school, remember" Harper said "Come on, is important, please, it will be fun" Stiles said and Harper took a deep breath "Okay, but if we get in trouble, I am going to kill you" she said "That is fine. I am holding outside, so grab your jacket and let's go" Stiles said before hanging up the phone.

Harper put the phone in her pocket before she walked downstairs, but stopped when she reach the front door, she knew that her brother was out and he wouldn't come home until later.

Harper's older twin brother James, didn't want her to run around the woods at night and especially not when it was the full moon, but lucky it was not full moon tonight.

Every since she can remember, Harper had having trouble keeping in control especially on a full moon. Therefore she had a special necklace on her, it was a necklace her mother gave her, it help her keeping in control even on a full moon.