Part 1

He woke up at six a.m. in the morning, got his robe on and rushed down to the front door. His mother who was in the kitchen preparing breakfast heard her son’s footsteps going down the stairs. She smiled and looked at the open kitchen door and saw her son run across the living room and opened the front door.

As the boy got to the front lawn he picked up the rake and started to gather up the dried leaves. Then he realized he was missing something; he held up the rake with his foot on the teeth making it stand as his hands were busy fixing his hair. When he heard their neighbor’s door was opening, he quickly had his hands on the rake and got to work.

He was staring at the door until he finally saw her--the girl of his dreams; the one that made his heart pump the fastest like he was running a marathon every time he sees her. She was tall and beautiful even without any make-up on and her morning hair was still uncombed. Her pink Hello Kitty robe looked really cute on her.

She stepped down the terrace and saw the boy. The boy quickly bent down his head and looked at the leaves he was raking. He could feel his heart pumping so hard that it felt like it was going out of his chest. The girl then said good morning to Andy—which is the boy’s name; and he slowly faced to the girl’s direction, he was breathless to the sight of her beautiful smile that melts his heart like butter on a hot pancake for breakfast.

Her eyes that shined even if the sun has not fully risen yet but shined so bright like pretty lights. He was daydreaming really early in the morning; luckily he snapped out of it and said good morning too to Rebecca—which was the girl’s name. She looked at Andy’s rake and said that she’s impressed to see him doing some household chores. He said it was the least he could do at home and he asked what she was going to do outside. She said she was going to water the flowers and bushes.