Part 9

The next day when Rebecca opened her locker, she found a book and on the first page a note was written saying that she is supposed to write the highlighted words in the book and write in on the paper she was provided along with a pen. There was no signature on who left that book so she just agreed to do it.

She went to the library and started working on the book. When she finished, the message was

“You don’t know who I am but you’ve seen me, we’ve met, and we’ve even talked. If you want to know who I am then you should go to the oval right now because I am there waiting for you wearing red.”

She felt excited yet intrigued and just couldn’t figure out on who it was. She gathered her stuff and she left her current location. She walked as calmly as she could down the hallway and to the oval.

When she got there, many of the students were looking at her. They made a pathway for her and she followed it.  At the center of the oval she saw pink floating balloons, she followed the strings and when she saw who was holding the balloons she just couldn’t believe what she was seeing. It was Andy, her next door neighbor Andy. When she was about to say something, she saw a bunch of butterflies flying in the sky in different colors. It looked very beautiful.

And when she looked back down to where the butterflies were released she saw five guys with their shirts off and had letters on their bodies forming “PROM?” she was out of words. But the surprise wasn’t over yet. Someone came up to Andy and gave him a guitar. He gave the balloons to the guy and he started to play the song  “More Than Words”. When he finished the first chorus, he looked at Rebecca and asked if she would like to be Andy’s date for the Junior-Senior Promenade.

The crowds around them were full of excitement; others were screaming “YES!”, while some joked around and screamed “NO!” A couple of girls even said that if Rebecca wasn’t going to say yes to Andy then they would. She just smiled and nodded. Andy was surprised like he couldn’t believe that she said yes. Everyone around them simply applauded while some girls were screaming. Andy just kept his eyes on Rebecca and both of them just couldn’t stop smiling. Both of them were too happy to say anything to each other.