Part 7

When they got home Rebecca thanked Andy for going with her. He said it was no problem. Rebecca went ahead inside and Andy walked up to his house. When he entered the house he saw that his mother was at the kitchen waiting for him.

When she heard footsteps she looked up and smiled at her son and asked how it went with their neighbor’s daughter. Andy smiled, really well. He told her about how his lucky coin lead him to the perfect dress for Rebecca. His mother looked pleased and remembered that her son has nothing to wear for that special night and she knows Andy hasn’t thought of that yet either.

She changed the topic and reminded his son that he hasn’t eaten dinner yet so she stood up and prepared the table for him as Andy took a seat at the table. After helping with the dishes, Andy went up to his room and went online to look for tips on how to ask a girl for prom. Then someone knocked on the door and his mother entered. She saw what her son was surfing on the net and she said he needs to ask Rebecca for prom but asking the internet for help is not really advisable.

She said that if he was willing to accept a mother’s advice she’d be happy to help him and Andy looked at his mother for a while. It wasn’t like he could ask anyone else and besides, mothers always know what’s best. So she sat down at the edge of the bed and started asking questions like what are Rebecca’s likes and dislikes and Andy filled her in on those information. They spent the entire evening brainstorming on how Andy could ask Rebecca to prom.