FOUR

[tenth of october 2019]

THE CAR RIDE WAS SPENT IN A little bit of silence, the radio quietly playing on a smooth station which made apollo chuckle a bit, "judging just by how you look i didn't have you down as a 'smooth radio' person if i'm being honest." she told him she would've guessed he was into kanye, frank ocean or kendrick lamar. the sort of typical indie boy cross hypebeast who likes rap were the vibes he gave off.
but he just laughed when she said that. "i mean i have nothing against them but my favourite artist is avicii so a bit of a different vibe to those three." he informed her, tapping along to the outro of a soul song on the radio, before billy joel played and caused apollo to pull a grin so wide harry was surprised her face could manage it.

"there are no words to describe how much i love this man-" she cut herself off by singing the lyrics to 'she's always a woman' without missing a beat, she was by no means a singer but she wasn't bad at all which left harry surprised. he joined in for the chorus once realising he knew the song and the sight of the pair screaming the lyrics would've caused them to crack up if they were on the outside looking in. 

it took her the whole song to realise the car had stopped moving, "are you at my house?" she questioned and took in the unfamiliar surroundings in the daybreak outside. trying to figure out where they ended up. "well when you started singing you stopped giving directions so i just parked because i didn't know where i was going." his words caused her cheeks to flush red which made him laugh at her embarrassment, thankful that for once it wasn't him. 

"okay fine well its a left here i'm sure-" she jumped right into giving the directions so she didn't have to acknowledge what had happened previously. eventually they ended up on her drive, after an almost night-long journey. she took a photo of the pair in the car to send to her group chat and inform them she was home safe and said she would explain in the morning.

"thank you again - i mean it so much, sincerely thank you for everything you did for me tonight." she turned her whole body to face him in the car to thank him properly. he wasn't quite blushing but was very close. 
"it was my pleasure apollo, thank you for somehow keeping a smile on your face. it was brave of you and i admire that." he gave half grin half grimace at the cheesiness of what he just said but she was thankful anyway. she hooked her arm around his shoulders and pulled him in for a small hug over the car and began to climb out.

"oh wait here and i'll run up and get changed and give you these back." she gestured looking down at the clothes he leant her. he shook his head and brushed it off,
"keep them, i'll take them back next time." he smiled and she returned it with a smirk. "next time?" her eyebrows were raised and her voice was turning into a laugh.
"oh god, shut up and go to sleep, nice to meet you apollo." he said sincerely one last time before taking the handbreak off.

"nice meeting you too harry." she called and shut the door before walking up into the door of her house, waving goodbye to harry as she shut the door behind her, longing for her bed.