1.

Dani
—————————

"Dani, Danielle, yo." Caleb throws candy at me to try and snap me out of my own little world. "Dude, are you even listening to me?"

Caleb Anderson ( A.k.a my best friend ) : He's obnoxious and eats food like a pig. His favorite things to do are play video games and have movie marathons.

I know the things I mentioned about him aren't charming but I don't mind them. It takes a different kind of person to love someone like Caleb and I'm happy being that different kind of person.

I snap out of my thoughts and throw popcorn from my bowl at him. "I'm present."

"Then what exactly did I say?" He pops a jolly rancher in his mouth and flops back on his bed, landing on his backpack.

"You said.. you said something about the test tomorrow?" I guess. I honestly had no clue what he was talking about because I was too busy making up scenarios in my head of him kissing me.

Oh how nice that would be... my leg would pop up like they do in the hallmark movies. Caleb would pick me up and spin me aro-

"Dani! Stop doing that." Caleb groans and nudges my side with his foot. "This is serious business here."

I swat his foot away and lay down on my stomach. I grab a pillow and put it underneath my chin. "If it was serious then maybe I would listen better."

"This is about the autumn formal which is definitely serious business. It's creeping up with every passing day and I'm freaking out." He brings his hands up to his face and he drags them down to his cheeks. "Help. ME."

"Since when have you cared about school dances? You used to always say they were a waste of time." I grab a handful of popcorn and stuff it into my mouth.

"I overheard the teachers talking about a new student coming tomorrow." He sits up and sits on his knees.

"And how does that line up with I just asked you?" I raise one eyebrow as I look up at him curiously.

"The new student just so happens to be a girl. A girl who doesn't know me!" He cheers and throws his hands up in the air.

"I know you and I think you're pretty cool." I mumble but he doesn't acknowledge what I said.

"I need to go ahead and make a poster so I can ask her to go with me before anyone else does. I hope she ends up wearing a red dress so I can wear a matching tie, red is definitely hot on me." He rambles on while he grabs his notebook off his nightstand.

"Slow your roll." I sigh and sit up. "You don't even know this girl, you don't even know her name for crying out loud."

"Her name is 'The girl of my dreams' so she does have a name." He smacks me upside the head with a pillow.

"You're like a love sick puppy." I grumble and hit him back. "Why don't you take someone you know?"

"Like who?" He pushes several candy wrappers off the bed.

"I'd go with you." I pick at the black nail polish on my nails as I make the suggestion.

Caleb gets a kick out of it and falls over on the bed laughing. "You?! I c-can't imagine you in a dress!"

I smack him in the gut and get off the bed. "I'm still a girl you know."

"Be honest with yourself, Dani." He was trying to catch his breath from laughing so hard. "Do you see yourself at a dance in a frilly dress and high heels?"

"If the right guy was to ask me then yes.. yes I can see myself becoming girly for just one night." My face was dead serious. Nothing about this was funny to me.

"Oh.. oh you're serious." He stops laughing but a goofy smile plays across his lips. "So who's the right guy for you? Is it Mason Scott?"

"My guy is oblivious to the fact that I like him.. he's too busy going after other girls." I stuff a few pieces of candy in my jacket pocket and then I reach for my bag that's hanging on his closet door.

"Where are you going? I thought we were going to order pizza and have a scary movie marathon." He pouts like a little kid. "Don't leave me to watch them alone."

"If I stay will you promise not to talk about the autumn formal or girls?" I sling my bag over my shoulder and put my left boot on my foot.

"Don't put that right boot on missy."

I pick up my other boot. "This one?"

"Drop it." He motions for me to put it down.

"I don't hear a promise yet." I start to slip my right foot into the boot.

"I promise!" He shouts. "Even though it's going to be tough, I promise."

I slip my boots off and drop my bag onto the floor. "That's all I needed to hear."

When I walk back over towards him he decides to tackle me onto the bed. "Pepperoni pizza shaped as a pumpkin with extra cheese?" He asks as he hovers over me. For a moment I think he's going to kiss me but I realize he's leaning in to reach for his phone behind my head.

"Don't forget the garlic cheesy bread." I bite my lip and hand him his phone. "With garlic dipping sauce."

"You're crazy to think I'll forget the most important thing." He smiles.

I wish you loved me like you love food and other girls.

"Just making sure." I reach for the remote and turn on his tv.

===================================

Hi there! I hope you enjoyed this short chapter where I introduce Dani and Caleb to you :)

Question: Is it good enough for another chapter?

Make sure to vote, give feedback, and share with friends!

~ Xoxo Madison Grace