14.

Dani
—————————

Good morning texts are always nice, especially when they're unexpected.

After last nights events I was quite surprised that I woke up to a good morning text.

I hear a ding when I'm half asleep and I start wondering if it's my alarm clock. But then I remember that it's Saturday and I don't set my alarm clock on the weekend, let alone at 6:30 in the morning.

I reach for my phone, the bright light shining like a laser in my face. I type in my passcode and go to my messages to see I have one from Brixton.

I didn't think it was Caleb anyway since he gets up around noon on the weekends.

Same as me.

Brixton- 'I know it's Saturday but I'm an early bird so I decided to tell you good morning 😊 Sorry if I wake you...'

Yes 6:00 is early on a Saturday but I need something positive to jumpstart my day with.

Me- 'Good morning to you too. I'm guessing you couldn't get enough of me? 😉'

Brixton- 'Ah, you caught me. Hey listen... I know we planned a date for next Friday.'

Me- 'If I recall you're picking me up at 6:30, right?'

Brixton- 'That's exactly what I told you.'

Me- 'Oh no... you've decided I'm not cool enough to be seen with you 😢'

Brixton- 'That's not it at all haha. I was just... maybe thinking of asking you for an earlier date type thing ☺️'

I roll over onto my stomach and press my face down into the pillow to hold in girly noises. Once I calm down I roll slowly onto my back, careful so I don't wake Julie.

My thumbs hover over the screen as I decide on a response.

Me- 'I thought you'd never ask-

Backspace backspace backspace.

I can't send that! I'll look too desperate.

And I'm not the desperate type. Sorta. Caleb doesn't count, right?

Me- 'What day are you thinking for this date type thing? 🤔'

Brixton texts back a few seconds later.

Brixton- 'I was thinking this morning actually? If you're a coffee drinker you could meet me at Simone's Café.'

Simone's Café? For some reason I can't remember where that's at. Julie and I usually go to The Happy Mushroom. I know that's a silly name for a café but it's peaceful and cozy there, plus they have the BEST coffee.

Me- 'I'm a huge coffee drinker, coffee is basically running through my blood at this point 😆'