13.

Dani
—————————

When we got back to my house I gave Julie her extra stash of pajamas that she keeps in my room for sleepovers.

"So... are we not going to talk about what happened?" Julie asks quietly.

I flop down onto my bed and clutch my pumpkin pillow to my chest. "Yes and no."

"What's that supposed to mean?" She goes into my bathroom to change.

"I just wish things would go back to normal, Jules. I hate this." I frown, tears starting to form in my eyes.

"Normal how? No one has a normal life, there's always a little crazy going on." She comes back out in her pink flamingo pajama set.

"Go back to how it was before I started falling in love with Caleb. Before I developed a crush on him." I sigh heavily and roll over onto my stomach.

"When the love is there you can't really stop those feelings." She sits in my rolling desk chair and spins around a few times.

"You're fourteen, Julie. You don't know anything about love." I mumble into my pillow.

"I see enough from your parents, plus my grandparents have been together for fifty years." She tells me stuff I already know but I appreciate her for trying to cheer me up.

"I have a reason for pushing you into Brixton's arms..." Julie mumbles and picks at the lint balls on my chair.

"I thought you wanted Caleb and I together? You were all for the Cali ship."

"I thought maybe it would help with the situation... maybe make Caleb jealous? If he sees you with Brixton he'll regret not dating you."

"And bring a sweet guy into a messy situation?" I groaned as I sat up.

"I know it's not ideal but it could work. It always works in the movies." She grabs a pen and starts writing something on a sticky note.

"Movies are fake, Julie. It's allllll Fiction." I grab my laptop so I can check my email, see if I have anything from Caleb to Love Chaser.

I log into the Love Chaser email and my heart beats out of control when I see I have three messages from him.

To: lovechasing4ever@gmail.com
Subject: Ready for those 21 questions?
pizzadude09@gmail.com- 'Hey there, Love Chaser! I don't have a lot of time right now but I'll go ahead and start the 21 questions.'

To: lovechasing4ever@gmail.com
Subject: Feeling a little nervous XD
pizzadude09@gmail.com- 'Is it alright if I start with an easy question?'

To: lovechasing4ever@gmail.com
Subject: I would feel better if we started out slow
pizzadude09@gmail.com- 'I'm gonna start with colors :) My favorite color is red, what's yours?'

Even though his attitude towards me at the pumpkin patch was terrible I couldn't be mad at him. The way he goes about a conversation is adorable, almost like the day we first met.

*Flashback*

"High school is a big step for you, Danielle. Choose your friends wisely and don't get caught up in the teenage drama." My mom pulls me in for another hug. This is probably the thirteenth hug since we've gotten out of the car.