2.

Dani
—————————

After Caleb and I's scary movie marathon last night we both crashed on his living room couch. I texted him after I went home since he was sleeping like a brick.

Me- 'Went home to shower and get ready for school. In exchange for the pizza I'll bring you my beloved note cards that you so desperately want for today's history test lol :D'

As I walk into the house I instantly smell coffee brewing in the coffee pot. "Who goes there?" I take off my boots and kick them to the side.

"Your mother goes there." My mom comes walking out of the kitchen in her scrubs, she's a nurse. "How was last night?"

"Good." I pull my hair up into a messy bun.

"Just good?" She raises an eyebrow and smiles.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I hesitantly step around her to get to the kitchen. "It's freaking me out."

"Oh come on, Dani. It's so obvious you like Caleb." Her tennis shoes squeak against the floor a few times as she follows me.

"Mom! Stop it." I say through clenched teeth as I reach up into the cabinet to get my favorite coffee mug.

"I told your dad and he wasn't upset." She fills up her mug with black coffee.

"Mom, please stop talking." I pour coffee into my mug before getting the vanilla creamer out of the fridge.

"I think it's cute." She takes a sip of her coffee as she leans against the island. "I figured it would happen."

I fix my coffee the way I like it then I head out of the kitchen and to the stairs with my mug cradled in my hands. "Leaving the conversation."

"I'm always here if you need someone to talk to." She calls out.

I ignore her and proceeded to my room, my bag still hanging on my shoulder. When I walk in my cat stretches before laying back down on one of my folded up blankets, she was a Christmas present when I was seven and I ended up naming her Lily. I set my mug down on my desk and sluggishly go to the bathroom to turn on the water in the shower and let it heat up before I get in.

I flip on the water and turn the nob to the warm side. "Out with the Hawaiian breeze body wash and in with the pumpkin spice." I switch them out and put a clean fluffy orange towel on the towel rack.

Yes I talk to myself when I'm alone, but don't most people?

I glance at myself in the mirror to see puffy lips and tired eyes. I guess that's what happens when you stay up till 3 o'clock in the morning on a school night.

I walk out of the bathroom and dump clean clothes out of my hamper. I keep them in there because I'm too lazy to hang them up.

"What to wear..." I pick up a faded long sleeved red top and fish out some boot cut blue jeans. "This should do."

Would Caleb like this? Who am I kidding... he doesn't even notice me in that way.

I bend over and pick up my favorite navy blue converse and my backpack. I stuff my notecards into my backpack along with my favorite pen, a few hair ties, and a chapstick.