10.

Dani
—————————

"I thought this was going to be childish but now I'm starting to regret coming in here with you." I whisper so no one could make fun of me.

"Is it bad that I feel the exact same way?" Julie whispers back to me as we stay close to each other.

"Not at all. Maybe if we turn back no-" A hand slowly creeps up my shoulder and that makes my heart drop to my stomach. "Julie?"

"Why'd you stop?" She whisper yells at me. "You don't stop in a corn maze!"

"D-Did you touch me?" I squeeze my eyes shut when something behind me rustles in the corn.

"No. But now I'm starting to think I should slap you for stopping." She goes silent when the rustling noise starts up again.

"I'm about to slap whoever is in the corn." I manage to choke out. "If I don't have a heart attack first."

"Don't be scared..." A deep husky voice whispers in my ear and I swear I feel my pants starting to get wet with pee.

I let out a scream as I swing my arm around. It hit the person right in the nose which causes them to stumble back. "Ow!"

"I-I'm sorry!" I grab hold of the persons arm. "Please tell me that's fake blood."

The light from the moon gave me a shadow of the persons face but I couldn't quite make out who it was. "Would it make you feel better if I said it was fake blood?"

From the voice I knew it was a guy and the way he was speaking indicated he was pinching his nose to try and stop the bleeding.

"No it wouldn't make me feel better. But would it make your pain go away if I told you that you make a really good zombie?" I bite my lip. I could feel tension in the air and I wanted to break it.

"Uh no." He chuckles slightly. "But it would if you would let go of my arm. You've got a strong grip."

I let go of his arm and nervously pick at my cuticles. My fingernails were a hot mess so it didn't matter anyway.

Julie comes up behind me and winces. "That's not the way to start up a conversation with a boy, Dani."

"I'm well aware, Julie." I say through clenched teeth.

The guy lets go of his nose and wipes away the blood that's dripping onto his chin. "Don't worry about it. I was bound to get kicked or slapped by someone tonight."

"I can walk you out to find an ice pack or something." I offer. "It's the least I can do."

He steps out away from the corn stalks and I can kinda make out that he's a blonde. A handsome blonde at that. "Sure, Dani. That's a pretty name by the way."

My words get caught in my throat and I can't seem to get them to come out.

"Well it looks like the Cali ship might sink." Julie makes a sound that is a cross between a squeal and a dying cow.

"Huh?" The tall handsome zombie in front of us scans our faces in confusion.

"Oh, don't mind me. Have fun, Dani!" Julie quickly pushes me into the strangers arms before running deeper into the corn maze.

He catches me, his hands gripping my sides. "She seems nice."

"She is nice." My heartbeat picks up when he doesn't let go of me.

"I'm uh, Brixton. Brixton Johnson."

===================================

Oh Dani, what have you gotten yourself into? 😐

Let's welcome a new character to this book!

May I present to you Lucas Till as Brixton Johnson :D