6.

Dani
—————————

"Can you take me somewhere?" Julie barges into my room as I'm finishing up my homework.

"A knock would have been nice." I close my binder and put my pencil and pen back in the pencil holder that's sitting on my desk. I spin around in my desk chair to face Julie. "Where are we going?"

Sometimes it's annoying living so close to Julie and Caleb, especially when I'm busy. But if they can't come to me, who can they go to?

"A pumpkin patch. Moms working late tonight and they're selling pumpkin donuts." She picks up Lily and cradles the cat in her arms. "There's also going to be free apple cider."

"Free apple cider? Now you're talking." I stand up and grab my bag.

"I know! That's why I'm so eager to go because I'm not sure if they'll give out anymore after tonight."

"What's so special about tonight?" I put on my black scuffed up boots.

"It's the grand opening of the spooky corn maze." She smiles. "They've never had one until now."

"I bet Caleb would like that, my dad would even get a chuckle out of a spooky corn maze. Mind if I ask him?"

She shakes her head and is already out my bedroom door and halfway down the stairs. "Mr. Wilson!"

"What is it, Julie?" He meets her at the bottom of the staircase with his glasses perched on the edge of his nose.

"Care to join us tonight at the pumpkin patch?" Julie asks with a smile. Lily squirms in her arms before eventually jumping free.

"Will there be food?" He ponders on the thought.

"Would pumpkin donuts and apple cider please your taste buds?"

"Yes." My dad and I say in unison which makes us all laugh.

"Wait for me in the car." He grins. "I'm going to call your mother real quick and tell her where we're headed. I wish she didn't have to work the night shift tonight, she'd love to go with us."

"I'm pretty sure this isn't the last time we'll be going to a spooky corn maze. Next time we go we'll make sure mom is off work." I pat his shoulder and walk over to the sofa table where my keys are laying.

Julie and I make our way out to my car that's parked out in the middle of the driveway. "Did Caleb tell you about Love Chaser yet?" She asks to break the silence.

"Love Chaser? Huh.. nope, never heard of that." I try to act confused but my lack of acting skills give me away.

"You know something." She states as I unlock my car. She gets in the back seat and I get in the drivers seat.

"If I knew something then I would tell you." I start up the car and turn the heat on full blast.

"That's not always true." She mumbles and buckles up.

"So.. how'd you find out about this so called Love Chaser?" I turn around in my seat to look at her. It was beginning to get dark now so all I could make out was Julie's silhouette.

"I may or may not have seen a conversation on Caleb's computer." She tries to play innocent.

"What you're trying to say is that you were snooping?" A small smirk tugs at the corner of my lips.

"I- no. His computer happened to be on when I passed by it." I think she plays with the strings on her jacket but I can't really tell.

"His computer is upstairs, in his room. You had to have been snooping around in order to see it." I laugh softly as my dad makes his way out to my car. "Typical Jules."

"You know you would do the same if you were in my shoes." She grumbled and shifted in her seat. "Just please help me find out who it is. It's honestly killing me not knowing!"

My breath catches in my throat. "I-I um.." I don't have to answer back since my dad opens up the passenger side door and sinks into the seat. Thank goodness for the save.

I don't know how she would react if she found out I was Love Chaser. The longer I can keep her in the dark, the safer I'll be.

 The longer I can keep her in the dark, the safer I'll be