Chapter 4 - 🖤

•Roxie's POV ~

"Okay, Rose. I put Lily to sleep an hour ago. She should stay asleep until the morning so all you need to do is be here. There's plenty of food here. If you get hungry, please help yourself to anything you want. You have my number and I wrote my work number and Vanessa's number on a piece of paper and put it on the fridge. If anything is wrong, call me. I'll have my phone with me the whole night. I'll answer right away." I spoke so fast, I didn't even think she understood me but she did.

"Roxie, everything will be fine. Go ahead and go to work. You don't want to be late. I promise I will call if anything." My neighbor Rose said with a smile while placing her hands on my shoulders.

I took a deep breath to calm myself and nodded my head, "Okay, you're right. I've just never left her alone before and-"

"I understand, Roxie. You're worried but when you come back, you'll see that all went well. She will still be asleep safe and sound." Rose reassures me in a soft tone.

I smile at her and thank her before making my way to the door. Stopping in my tracks, I turn back to face her, "Rose, are you sure-"

She cut me off with a laugh before I could finish, "She'll be fine, Roxie!"

I release a large sigh and put my hands up in surrender, "Okay, okay. I'll see you later, Rose. Thanks again."

"Of course, dear. Have a good night at work." She waves goodbye before I walk out and close the door behind me.

I walk downstairs to Vanessa, who had already gone to wait for me in the car so that we can go to work and I got in with her.

When we walked into the club, it was completely packed. The bar was crowded with people flirting and drinking. The dance floor was full of people grinding against each other to the song 'Big Poppa'.

*Throw your hands in the air, If you's a true playaa!!🙆🏻‍♀️haha!! Jk! Continue..*

Vanessa looks over at me and raises an eyebrow, "Are you ready for a busy ass shift?"

I took in a deep breath and shrugged my shoulder lightly. She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the bar.

"Lucky, this is Roxie, our new server." She says to someone behind the bar.

A good-looking guy turned around. He smirked at me and said, "Oh, yeah. Boss called me this morning and told me. Although, I don't understand why he hired you himself. I usually hire the servers."

"Uhh, I've actually never met him. Vanessa talked to him for me." I tell him nervously while playing with my fingers.

"Seriously? You could've just come to me, Vanessa. I am the one who hired every other server in this club." He said to her while crossing his arms over his chest, making his muscles bulge.

Vanessa rolled her eyes, "You act like you would have died if you didn't hire her yourself."

"I mean... yeah. I could have. You're just lucky I didn't." He replied before winking at me.

I laughed lightly but still didn't say anything, deciding to continue listening to them talk.

Nessa snorted and said, "No, you're Lucky."

He stared at her for about five seconds with a straight face before saying, "That wasn't even funny."

"Oh, come on!!" She leaned over the bar and punched him in the shoulder. "It was a little funny. Admit it."

"No, now do me a favor and get your ass to work." He tells her as he glances down at his watch. "Your shift started ten minutes ago."

She flipped him off before walking away into the crowd of people.