Chapter 5 - 🖤

•Roxie's POV ~

When Vanessa pulls up next to my car, I don't even wait for her to fully stop and park. I jump out of her car and run up the stairs to my apartment.

Rose left the door unlocked so when I got to my apartment, I threw the door open and ran inside. Rose was standing outside of the restroom door trying to open it.

"What the hell happened?!" I anxiously ask while trying to catch my breath.

"I was in the living room watching television and I heard her scream so I got up and went to her room. I guess she was having a nightmare because her eyes were closed but she kept screaming. When I finally woke her, she jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom. She locked the door so I couldn't get in but she kept calling for you." Rose told me in a panicked voice.

I put my ear to the bathroom door and I could faintly hear Lily sobbing. Knocking on the door, I call out to her, "Bubbles, can you open the door for me please?"

"Mama?" She asks with a hopeful and shaky voice.

"Yes, baby. It's mama." I tell her gently, placing my hands against the door.

I could hear shuffling on the other side of the door as if she's standing up but then it goes silent for a moment. She's probably debating whether she should open the door or not.

"I promise, bubbles. It's only me." I reassure her, trying to calm her down with my voice.

I look back at Rose and then at Vanessa, who came in right after me and they both nod their heads. The two of them turn and go into the living room to give us some space.

The sound of Lily's footsteps nearing the door grabs my attention. She unlocks it before running back to the other side of the restroom. I open the door slowly and walk towards her where she's curled up in the corner.

Sitting down next to her, I pick her up and hold her in my arms while she lays her head against my chest.

"Mama, it was-" She began saying but I didn't let her finish.

"Shhh... I know, baby. It's okay now." I whisper while running my fingers through her hair.

I knew all too well that she had a nightmare about what happened that night. I didn't need to ask her and I wasn't going to. I wasn't going to ask her just to have her scared thinking about it again.

So instead of letting the memory linger in her head, I sang her a song while continuing to run my fingers through her hair to help her forget... even if it's only for a little while.

I sat there on the bathroom floor with Lily in my arms, rocking her side to side while singing her favorite song and massaging her head, trying to rid her of the pain and headache I know she got while crying.

Vanessa walks in about five minutes later and I look down to see that Lily's eyes are closed. I look back up to see Nessa with a sympathetic expression on her face as she speaks, "Was it about-"

"Yep." I cut her off, not wanting her to repeat anything just in case Lily isn't asleep yet.

"I'm sorry for what you both went through. You two didn't deserve that." She tells me sincerely in a low voice.