Chapter 56 - 🖤

•Damon's POV ~

I fix my suit one more time, even though I just did that two minutes ago. I'm a fucking nervous wreck right now and it's pissing me off because I don't get nervous.

Roxie is the only person who can make me feel this way and I don't like it, but I'd go through this feeling and much more for the rest of my life just for her because she's worth it.

Once again, I try to straighten my suit out as much as I can.

I quickly wipe my sweaty palms on my pants before anyone can see what I'm doing

As I lift my head up, my eyes immediately connect with hers. For some reason, I can't seem to look away. It's like I'm in some kind of trance.

She begins walking down the aisle, her arm interlocked with my fathers. The whole way, we both keep our eyes on each other, neither one of us looking away.

As she gets closer, my eyes finally roam her entire body from head to toe. Her beautiful white dress goes perfectly with her, the makeup on her face and her curled hair is styled perfectly. Her high heels make her a little bit taller but it's not like she needs them since she's not a short woman.

Once they're both in front of me, I hear her whisper, "Thank you, dad."

My father immediately smiles and I see his eyes water up with tears but he doesn't shed them. Instead, he pulls Roxie into a hug for a few seconds and whispers something into her ear.

When they pull apart, she's smiling widely from ear to ear. He kisses her three times, one on each cheek and one on her forehead. Then, he grabs her hands and places them in my hands, the way a father would do to his daughter on her wedding day.

He gives me a pat on the shoulder before walking over to his seat in the front row, right beside my mom.

Turning back to Roxie, she has a sweet smile on her face but her hands are shaking in mine. I give them a light squeeze, causing her to relax a little bit more.

"We are gathered here today, to witness the union of, Damon Knight and, Roxie Montez." The priest begins saying, gathering the attention of every single person. "I believe the couple before us has prepared to say their own vows."

I clear my throat, looking Roxie straight in her eyes before saying, "Baby, in all the years that I've been alive, I never thought that I would find a woman like you. We've been through a lot of shit together and I know that it isn't over just yet, but I promise to spend my entire life protecting both you and Lily the best that I can. I promise to always be there for you when you need me, to care for you when you're sick, to give you any and everything that you desire and to give you my full attention. I promise that as long as I'm breathing, I will never love another woman. You're it for me, baby. You're my mafia queen."