Just Run

"Slone, I'm sorry... but (y/n) can no longer be considered human."

When (Y/n) heard those words he was confused. 

"What? what are you talking about? See, my arm's feeling great so could you hurry up and get this cast off me?" (y/n) laughed awkwardly, waving his cast arm up so everyone could see.

(y/n) looked into Slone's eyes and began to feel uneasy.

"Wh-what's that look for Slone? there's nothing different about me... I think..." (y/n) awkwardly tried to get up, teetering dangerously on one leg while trying to stand.

Slone rushed to his side and supported him, moving him back to the bed to sit.

"(y/n) you're gonna want to sit down for this." Slone said softly.

Too (Y/n), the temperature in the room seemed to drop to freezing as he listened to Nana explain his current condition. Slone sat beside him at watched him, eyes full of worry, trying to judge his reaction. Finally, Nana handed him a mirror. When looked at his own face he expected to not be able to recognize himself so when he was realized to find that a lot of his facial features had not changed. On his forehead were two little red horns that just barely poked out of the skin, aside from that, when he smiled his signature smile he noticed that his teeth had also changed, becoming sharper and carnivorous. Cautiously (y/n) stood up and checked himself over. his cast had been removed so he could move freely. As he looked at his hands he realized that he felt light on his feet, he could actually feel the power coursing through his veins. He looked at Nana and Dr. Franxx, who was now standing by the door.

"So... just to make sure... I'm not going to die, right?" he asked. 

"No, you probably won't die. In fact, you might live a lot longer than you could as a human." Dr. Franxx answered. "It's quite remarkable actually," he added, hand on his chin, clearly deep in thought.

(Y/n), too everyone's surprise, smiled and actually started laughing.

"Haha, of course, I can't die! I feel more alive than ever!" He said.

All of a sudden, (y/n) flew open the door to his room and took off running in his hospital PJs.

"Hey, (Y/N)!?" Slone called out after him.

He was gone down the hallway before she could even get the words out.

. . .

(Y/n) ran. He ran faster then he'd ever run before. Even faster than when he wore his jump kick. As he ran aimlessly down the empty white hallways with no real destination, he became lost in sensations he'd never experienced before. his body felt like it was on fire, but not in a bad way. (y/n) let those flames burn hotter as he dashed around the entire plantation. Security guards tried to block him but he just jumped over them, all the while grinning like a little kid pretending to have superpowers.

Hmm... I wonder where my weapons and Kit are? And my Titan? Where's Debbie? (Y/n) wondered as he stopped to look at a map of the massive settlement.

"Hmm, Let's see... From where I am right now," (y/n) traced a line with his finger, passing through an area called "Mistilteinn" and continuing until it reached the hangar. "Should be a straight on from here to the hangar, I think." He mumbled to himself.

So (Y/n) started off towards the hangar, but little did he know that life wasn't finished throwing curving balls at him just yet.

let's just rewind a bit...

"Ugh... What the hell is he thinking!?" Slone was seething as she turned back to look at Nana, who was standing awkwardly with a surprised look on her face and Dr. Franxx who was watching them both looking quite amused.