17

When I walked into the building, a nurse halted in surprise, "ma'am! What happened! Come, let's get you a doctor," rambled the nurse, dragging me towards the front, talking to another nurse, before escorting me to the back to get checked in.

Doctor whoever was checking my heart beat, mumbling to herself, "hmmm, ok let's get you s room, do you have any relatives or anyone to contact?" Asked the doctor, helping me down, "...yea..." I answered her awkwardly, feeling uncomfortable being helped around, "Ok then, tell me what their number is when we properly get you comfortable in your bed, I'll also send a nurse with a tray of food," the doctor included, leading me to the elevators, 'I feel even more uncomfortable now' I thought in mirth, jumping a bit when the elevator started to move up, my insides feeling all twisted.

The whole thing was so weird to me, to be able to walk around, to be free from the confines of a dark building, but it also felt good, like I was walking on clouds, singing my favorite tunes and dancing around in pure happiness, it was satisfying.

The door opened back up, now in our new destination, the doctor leading me to my temporary room for the time being, as they make sure I'm not in immediate danger, "before I leave, who do you want me to contact," the doctor questioned, eyeing me carefully as I took a seat on the bed, "um yea," I responded, giving her my bosses number, in hopes of an answer; the doctor quickly left, leaving me alone in the cold, almost spotless room.

Yes, it is amazing to be free and walking around, but I still felt unsure about everything, like I'm not completely out of the woods, Ash even said that I might still be a target, and that scares me, I didn't want to repeat all the things that happened to me, so as much I want more answers, I didn't want to give up my life, I still have time, I definitely don't want to throw it away.