20

Ash started to slow to a stop at a nice blue house surrounded by trees, a place you want to live in when you retire, I slid off her back, stretching my aching bones and tendons, Ash finally shifting back to her human form next to me, "this is where we'll be staying till the situation is handled," Ash informed me, leading me towards the house, grabbing a key hidden underneath a pot, unlocking the door to my new home, "umm thank you...for being really nice to me for no apparent reason, it means a lot to me," I stuttered out, walking into the living room with a piano, two blue sofas and a coffee table, "its really not a problem," she said bashfully, sitting down on one of the sofa's, "but why? Not to be rude or anything, but I'm a human, not even capable of handling myself, and so fragile, but you...your something different," I said, bringing my knees to my chest, "thats not entirely true...yes I'm stronger, faster, and more capable than humans, but we're not invincible, I don't like to see innocent people getting hurt, especially humans, I find y'all very interesting, sometimes I wish I was human," Ash responded, opening the lid of the piano, "why?" I asked her in confusion, "because you can live your life to the fullest and not get bored, but shifters like me live 10x longer, seeing everything, but worst of all, watching people you care about dying can be...really painful," she said with a slight frown, beginning to play an unknown.

She looked beautiful playing her unknown ballad, her attention completely focus, as I watched in awe, not daring to interrupt her with anymore questions.