34

I quickly dodged to my left, the creature almost grabbing at me, but I have to keep moving, as the creature tried to decide if i wanted to go after me or Oklen, but it finally decided on me, but I was already making my move, slicing at its heels, dark blood spurting out as it howled in pain and anger, trying to swipe at me, but it was slow enough for me to dodge, leaving itself open as Oklen pounced on its back, giving me the opportunity get a few distance from it. But after a while of trying to bring down the monster, I was losing a lot of energy, so was Oklen. We have to end this, but it's like trying to break a 100ft wall with a plastic fork.
"Man I'm getting tired, so can you please hurry up, this is taking way too long," Queen Dia commented, clearly bored at our fight, "I'm going to release the girl, so lets speed things up," she groaned, throwing, throwing a knife at the chain that was holding Ash, causing her to fall on the ground.
I wanted to run over to her, but I had to run when the thing came charging at me, its focus all on me now, but unfortunately I was too slow to dodge his next attack aas his paw collided with my stomach, sending me backwards with no air in my lungs. I couldn't breathe, I was wheezing hard, trying to get air, black spots dotting my vision, that I didn't realize the loud crack was from that thing, until I turned my head, seeing a giant lion pin down the creature. When I saw her, I started to calm down, getting the much needed air in my lungs.
"Miley, come on, I got you," Oklen said, helping me stand back up, handing me my knife back to me.
"Thanks," I said, watching in awe as Ash wrestles with the thing, gaining the upper hand.
"She got this, so let's get our leader," Oklen said, pointing out to the other guy who was just dangling with his mouth open wide.
We ran over to the other side, Oklen using her knife to throw at the chains, as I caught the man, almost losing my balance, but I caught him. I gently laid him down the ground, checking his pulse, sighing in relief that it was steady enough to be noticeable. A snap brought my attention back on the Queen, as she stood up from her rock, covering her mouth as she yawned.
"Good you got the other one, now leave," she said, shooing the giant back to its hole.
"Wait what, that's it?" I said baffled at the fact that she doesn't give a shit about any of this.
"Yes, we can discuss our citation when I fucking get some sleep," she groaned, walking away, leaving us in shock.

-

I have to admit, I never thought I was going to survive this ordeal, but I'm glad I'm still here, I feel like I changed a lot, either for the better or the worse, I still miss my old life, but I don't want to go back to being so timid.
"Miley, you coming!" Ash yelled, putting the guy in the front seat.
"Um yea," I replied, running up to the car, getting into the back seat, waiting for Ash to join me.
Once everyone is settled, we left, leaving the house behind us, knowing that the whole issue has yet to be settled between us and them. I leaned against Ash, fatigued hitting me full force as I closed my eyes, finally letting myself rest.