Chapter 15 - Little Sheriff

Glenn and Andrea were assigned to take us back to the shed when we arrived, as Rick and Shane obviously had to explain to the rest of the group why they brought us back. They'd probably have to make up some lie, as I was sure Shane's episode wouldn't go down too well with the rest of the group.

I walked slowly as we approached the faded wooden structure once again. It honestly looked as though it would fall down with a small gust of wind, not to mention the planks of wood holding it together were riddled with holes and rotten beyond repair.

Glenn continued to push me forward, clearly wanting to join the others at the little meeting they were holding. Andrea, who was gripping Randall's upper arm tightly in her hand, opened one of the doors to the familiar building. I was glad we were allowed to stay in the shed, at least it was somewhere I was partially comfortable in.

"You're safe in here, nothing can get in," Glenn assured me. After what had happened with Shane at the school, I was afraid he'd just waltz in here with a handgun and end it all.

"Nothing can get out either," Andrea said to Randall, as she clicked the handcuffs Rick had given her onto his wrists.

Once I was locked to the thin wooden column, they left. It was all done in a rush, as they were clearly anticipating the discussion. I was so tired of the whole process of being lugged around like a particularly heavy suitcase.

And once again I was left alone in an empty space with Randall.

"Are they gone?" He whispered. He looked so tired, his eyes were drooped and his speech was slurred with exhaustion.

I looked out of the crack in the door that was even wider than that of the shed.

"Yes," I stated, not bothering to be polite. I didn't have the patience to be dealing with Randall at that point.

"Shit, Amy." He seemed to think because I'd actually spoken to him for once, he had the right to open up conversation. "I screwed this up so bad."

"I know."

"I had this, this idea." He seemed flustered, as he turned his body so it was facing me. "Y'know, I did actually go to school with Maggie. She graduated two years before me."

"Mhmm," I hummed, tuning out whatever he was about to say.

"She was one of those girls that everyone knew about at school." He shook his head, remembering back to when he was a normal teenage boy. "And I knew, I knew she lived here when I saw that old dude back at the bar. I knew I'd seen him before."

"Then I saw her when she was hugging that Asian dude." Randall waited for my reply, which never came. "And we could've escaped, Ames."

At least I knew who Maggie was now, the short haired woman who Glenn had pushed away when we first arrived. Randall shifted his body closer to mine, his arm pulled behind him because of the handcuff.

"We still could, y'know. Me and you. We can find the camp, and I'll keep you safe. I'll look after you." He attempted to manipulate me, his tone coming off whiny and irritating instead of his desired silky smooth approach. "Like Dave did, just, y'know, without the death part."

The death part.

I shuddered on the spot, burning with rage. How dare he compare himself to Dave, how dare he pretend like he even gave half a care in the world about what happened to me or my sister-in-law. Randall didn't know anything about me.

This was all a part of his escape, as though he knew he'd need to get on my side after seeing that I could possibly stand a chance of getting out of this alive.