Chapter Three

"No. No, you've made a mistake." Peter said, shaking his head.

"Peter---"

"NO!" he shouted, standing up and pushing away from the table. The people in the room started at his outburst. Peter began to pace, nervously tugging on his curls. "I'm sorry but you've made a mistake. I wasn't...that's impossible."

"Peter I know that this is a shock," Officer Roth said softly, approaching Peter like he was a caged animal. "But I need you to calm down. You're going to hyperventilate."

"Officer Roth please, there's been some kind of a mistake," Peter said again. "My birth parents got rid of me! I wasn't taken from them!"

"How do you know that?" he asked gently.

"---my Daddy! I want my mommy!" "They got rid of you kid! Stop shouting!"

"I just do!" Peter shouted, his hands starting to tremble from the way he was being assaulted by the images in his head. "Please, I need to go home. My Aunt must be really worried right now, and I have to cook dinner tonight!"

"Peter I'm so sorry," Agent Gonzales said. "But we can't let you go back to May Parker."

"What?! Why not!" Peter cried.

"We need to investigate everyone in your life to see who might have been involved. Peter this is a very high profile case and---" Peter cut off the agent mid explanation.

"What do you mean? High profile case? What are you saying?" Peter asked. Agent Gonzales sighed and she suddenly looked much older. She all but collapsed into the chair and gently patted the empty chair next to her.

Peter looked at it wearily but she looked so upset that Peter couldn't help but sit down. "Peter do you know who Peter Stark is?"

Peter frowned. "Peter Stark? Yeah...he's the son of Tony Stark and Pepper Potts, right? Why...---"

Everything stopped.

Peter Stark was kidnapped when he was three years old and the world presumed he was dead. He remembered one conversation about it with his Aunt May when there was a new segment about it. How May had said they looked really similar. How the timeline matched up almost perfectly.

"You think..." he paused and licked his lips softly. "You think...I'm Peter Stark?"

"Peter you are Peter Stark." Agent Gonzales said.

"I can't be---"

"Come on little Stark! Beg!"

Peter sucked in a harsh breath and collapsed in on himself. He looked wide-eyed at the ground as it settled over him. He had been kidnapped. He was taken from his birth parents. Who were apparently the CEO of Stark industries and Iron Man.

Shit.

"My aunt," Peter said softly. "What's going to happen to her? To me?"

"Well, we'll need to conduct an investigation and she if she may have been involved in your abduction---" Agent Gonzales started, but Peter cut her off.

"She wasn't," he said. "She didn't even marry my Uncle Ben until I was six."

"We still have to investigate, Peter," Agent Gonzales said. "We also need to a physical to see how you are, as well as determine if there was any abuse--" Peter was offended that they'd even suggest that but Agent Gonzales continued. "Then we will need to find a suitable place for you to live during the investigation. Luckily Mr. and Mrs. Stark have insisted you come and stay with them."