9 |

"Y-yes," I mentally curse myself at my shaking voice.

"Well, I'm glad you found my office location so easily," His teasing voice is dripping with sarcasm and I can tell he's just trying to lighten the mood. He smirks at my slightly cowering expression, although I'm trying my best to hide it from him. I straighten my shoulders.

Does he just expect me to forget about what happened at Claws?

I suppose since we were at school now. I should do what I came here for. After that, all bets are off. I will be finding out what is going on in Myersdale. There are too many strange things happening, and I really need answers to all the questions swimming in my mind.

I lick my lips and look him square in the eye.

"I finished my paper, and I wanted to give it to you in person." His eyebrows cock up at my statement.

"Oh?"

I nod.

"Well, alright then." He reaches down to grasp the papers from my fingertips. As his hand briefly touches mine, I want to crumble under his touch. As he does this, I notice he takes a step closer to my body.

My breath hitches at his close proximity. I can almost feel his breath on my face, with the small and minty scented breathes coming from him. His eyes scan me over ever so quickly. They stop at my necklace. His eyes glare at the small, silver-opal object.

If possible, he seems to lean even closer to me. Our chests are almost touching at this point and I don't know how my legs haven't turned to jelly. He opens his mouth to say something, but before he does I quickly step away from his craving touch.

"I'll be going now, but read it over and let me know what you think?" I ask him while backing away. I wanted to seem casual but on the inside, I was screaming.

I want to kiss him so badly.

~

A couple of hours later, I'm in my room on my bed painting my toenails when my laptop dings. I quickly blow on my toes and wiggle them, hoping the nail polish won't wipe off while I check my laptop. Turning towards it, I open it up to see what was screeching for my attention.

ONE MESSAGE FROM KLAYTON ALLAN.

My heart almost skips a beat. Relax, I mentally tell myself. I click the notification which then directs me to my email. There it reads:

Adira,

I need to speak with you immediately. Please come to my office.

Klayton

My eyebrows furrow together. I email him back promptly and let him know that I would be on my way to his office. Now that I know exactly where it is, it shouldn't take me too long to get there. The fact that I know where I'm going, however, is not a cure for the butterflies currently fluttering all around inside of my stomach. I don't know why I always feel this way when it comes to him.

Once I arrive at his office, I can't help but tremble before knocking onto the closed wooden door. I hear footsteps behind the door hastily moving towards me, and I gulp instantly. I am currently dreading the confrontation I am about to be involved in.

Klayton abruptly opens the door, scanning me up and down once before glancing around to see if anyone was around to witness me enter his office. He silently ushers me inside. What's going on?

Once I'm inside and sitting down on one of the chairs, Klayton stalks over to me with a determination I've never seen him inhibit before.

"What the hell was that?" His icy tone sliced through the air. I almost flinched.