21 |

🖤 PLEASE TAKE ONE SECOND OF YOUR DAY AND VOTE 🖤

"Destiny?" I echo. She unfolds her arms and starts walking around me in a small, slow circle. Her eyes are calculating— unnerving. I shuffle my feet slightly at the intensity.

"That's right," she says. "I suppose that wicked wrench hasn't bothered to mention me."

She finishes her sentence with a scowl, her face pinched into one of annoyance. Wicked wrench?

"Who?" I voice. I'm not even that surprised some random person has shown up in my bathroom. With all the supernatural craziness that has been occurring around me as of late, this was nothing to compare. However, this really was ultimately the cherry on top.

Just my luck.

"Yeah, you know... Artemis." She tells me as she hops up onto my bathroom counter, glancing at her perfectly manicured —and black— nails with a bored expression.

"Who the hell is Artemis?"

"Well," she begins. "The Moon Goddess, of course."

She has a name? I almost want to facepalm at my sheer ignorance. How stupid am I?

Destiny scrutinizes my expression and a small smirk dances at the corner of her mouth. My eyes narrow at her in defense. She hums in response.

"I have to say I am surprised," she tells me.

"And why is that?" I can feel myself scowling.

"I mean, you were the one who found her journal after all."

My mouth drops open.

Oh.

The red book. Her initials are A.T.

For some reason, the thought alone make my blood boil. Knowing she had sketched the endless portraits of Klayton —which feels so intimate— stirred me into a rage that resided deeply within me.

I think I'm the first person to ever actually hate the Moon Goddess.

"She truly is a wicked wrench, eh?" I say to Destiny with the side of my lips upturned. She turns to me at smirks.

"Oh, you have no idea."

I jump slightly as I hear a pounding at the bathroom door. I look over at Destiny who seems to not have a care in the world; almost as if she was expecting this to happen. I take the two steps over to the door and unlock it, allowing him to come in.

Immediate seizing me, I stand shellshocked as Klayton pulls me behind him and accesses the bathroom for any threats.

No one is in here anymore.

"Who were you talking to?" Klayton asks while bringing me in close. I'm not going to bother to lie to him.

"I-I'm not sure," I tell him honestly. "A woman appeared— her name was Destiny,"

"Destiny?"

"Yeah."

Klayton looks at me thoughtfully and then looks down bashfully. My eyes narrow at his actions and I recoil my head up to look at him and meet his gaze. He clears his throat.

"I, erm, kind of know her..." He tells me and uses one hand to scratch the back of his neck. A sudden tension fills the atmosphere, and I felt like I would suffocate at the silence that filled around the two of so quickly.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes. A very very long time ago," he tells me.

"Why did you never tell me? That seems like something someone would tell their girlfriend," I say to him and cross my arms against my chest. In case, you know, they ever randomly appear in someone's bathroom and that person has no idea who they are.