33 |

🖤 VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE 🖤

Teeth.

There are teeth in my neck.

These are the only thoughts ringing through my mind as I feel Klayton's canines pierce through a part of my neck, digging deeper and deeper. I scream loudly and try to shove his face off, although his wolf instincts make him pierce deeper.

The pain is excruciating and I don't stop my cries and screams. I can feel an invisible core bind Klayton and I, signifying that we had finally completed the marking. My chest is burning and it feels like my skin is peeling off and repairing itself —slowly, excruciatingly. I fist my hands in his hair and yank, hoping this will somehow stop all the pain. He doesn't make a move to stop, as if he the pain isn't bothering him and he has only one thing in mind.

Me.

The pain intensifies, and I scream bloody murder. Tears are streaming down my face and I can feel warm liquid soaking into my clothes.

We were a complete mated pair.

I gasp loudly as he pulls away, and I was truly surprised I hadn't passed out from the pain. This had to have been the worst pain I had felt yet. There is blood seeping from my neck and I look at Klayton with a horrified expression.

He looks crazy.

Blood dripping down his face, his eyes dark with a hunger.

A hunger for me.

I involuntarily whimper from the pain, and it almost seems to shake Klayton out of his trance because he immediately applies a pressure to my fresh wound. I gulp loudly which causes more blood to ooze out. I glance down to Klayton's hand on my neck and notice that he is shaking madly, and blinking as if he couldn't believe what had just happened.

"I-I'm so sorry Adira," he whispers, horror expressed on his face. "I lost control! Let me make this better."

I don't say anything other than a frantic nod in his direction —anything to ease the pain I feel from my neck. He removes his hand, releasing the pressure, and brings his head down towards my neck once more. I involuntarily flitch, afraid of the contact. Klayton glances at me shamefully before continuing and bringing his face down.

I feel his tongue gently trace its way along the part of my neck that meets my shoulder; right where he had bitten me. It soothes the ache and I have to actually bite my lip from moaning —the feeling all too new to me. A ghost of a smile dances on Klayton's lips before he runs his tongue along my wound again.

Soon enough I can feel the pain to subside, and my new body healing itself at a more rapid pace. I can feel a power stir inside me —a new one. At this moment, I knew I had successfully collected the soul that lay with Klayton. I longed to see the new physical change that surely has made it way onto my body.

Every time I have retrieved a piece of the Moon Goddess' souls, I have spiritually as well as physically changed somewhat.

The wound is just gender but not as excruciatingly painful as before. Klayton gently pulls away from me and I turn my head towards him, my steely glare not going unrecognized.

"What. the. fuck?" I ground out through my teeth.

~

The ride home was horrible.

Throughout the entirety of it, Klayton and I would not speak a word to each other. I was seething in my seat —how dare he do that without my consent?

I know I had basically given him the green light —days ago when we had sex, even though I didn't technically comprehend the biting portion of it. However, this just felt wrong. I could tell Klayton was ashamed and had really lost control for a few moments, resulting in my marking.