11 |

My eyes slowly blink open and I have to adjust them to the lights blinding me from above. How does this shit seriously happen to me? It's not like I'm some damsel in distress in a movie or a book.

I quickly scan my surroundings and positively conclude I am neither at a hospital, or at my own apartment. I don't know where I am.

I think back to the last moments I recall, and everything makes a bit more sense. With the familiar woodsy aroma all around me, and remembering the warm arms that had encased around me when I fell unconscious, I knew undoubtedly I was in Klayton's home.

Where it was though, I had no idea.

My head was clear of any pounding and my leg has a small bandage wrapped around it from the damage of the crash car —which in my case, was minimal, fortunately. I seemed to have no broken bones; just small scrapes and scratches on my leg from being stuck inside a compartment of the vehicle. I could put bandaids on them if I wanted but I figure they will heal naturally and more quickly if they are out in the open. I felt satisfied, knowing I had survived such a traumatic event that many others probably wouldn't have. I guess it was just my destiny to have survived such a crash without any horrifying injuries.

Even though I was the one who caused the incident to occur, I think sarcastically in my head.

However, for some reason, I felt safe right now in Klayton's home.

Maybe I had brain damage, I chuckle at the thought as I snuggled a little deeper under the warm blankets that enclosed around me. I then look around each wall, dresser and all of the other things that made up this bedroom; observing the bedroom I was currently in curiously.

It was Klayton's.

This was fairly obvious, as it just suited him so well. His walls were a dark navy blue, with black curtains that lay neatly beside a set of french door windows. A balcony clearly lays behind them, from which I'm sure leads to a nice view. This room looked expensive, and I was curious as to what the rest of his place looked like.

Honestly, I wasn't sure if I was in an apartment or a house. I gingerly stepped out of the bed and quietly made my way across the room, my toes hitting the ice-cold hardwood floors beneath me. They were a dark beautiful brown flooring, and I walked across them all the way to the white french doors.

Grabbing one of the knobs on the door, I unlock and pull open the door.

I had expected the view to be nice, but it honestly took my breath away.

With my mouth agape, I tenderly stepped onto the small balcony and leaned against the cool railing. The view was quite high, and out looked onto a giant green forest. I inhaled deeply and the smell of the fresh air made me smile. I couldn't help but scan my eyes across the forest in amazement.

Klayton lived in a giant house from what I could tell, from where I was standing. I was quite high and everything seemed luxurious from what I could see at the moment. I didn't think much of it, as I was constantly drawn to the view before me.

From where I was standing, I could clearly hear birds chirping and all in the world was content.

That lasted about 25 seconds before I hear a sharp knocking come from behind me, inside the bedroom.

"Adira?" A slightly muffled voice comes from behind the door, and I could tell it was Klayton. Squaring my shoulders, I strut back into the bedroom and walk over to the door. I left the balcony door open in case I needed a quick getaway.

I'm not quite sure I would actually use it though, as I would surely break something if I ever needed to get out. It's a back-up plan, to make myself feel better.