26 |

🖤 FOLLOW ME AND PLEASE VOTE 🖤

Waking up the following day, I knew I needed to get more answers from Destiny.

At this point, she was the only person who I could confide in about all this. I still didn't want Klayton to be involved unless it was absolutely necessary.

I tried to ignore all the stares and whispers coming from the pack house after I had left my room; the one Klayton specifically told me not to leave. All I could hear were faint voices saying "Luna," and "Is that her?"

I had been here a couple of times since I found out everything, but people still weren't used to my presence. I recognized a few people from school I hadn't realized were apart of this pack, or werewolves in general. The girl named Maya I had sat next to in class sends me a sweet smile as I pass by the kitchen. I see she is sitting delicately next to Holden at the long dinner table, a man I had met closer to when I had first moved to Myersdale.

All werewolves.

The noise that had commenced as I was walking around suddenly stopped once I joined the lively table. People who had been talking and eating suddenly halted their movements, and I literally heard someone drop their fork. I place the bowl I had grabbed from a kitchen cupboard on the table, peering around as I reach for a box of cereal in front of me. A youthful-looking girl beside me is staring at me with hide eyes, a spoon halfway in her mouth.

Suddenly a booming voice enters the disturbingly quiet dining room area we all sit in.

"Why is everyone so quiet?"

I beam as I notice a sweaty and shirtless Isaac strut in, almost as if he owns the place. His lopsided grin is one I welcome as I start to eat the cereal in my bowl, completely unbothered. The room instantly continues on to their lively conversations, although I see a few people still stealing glances towards me.

Not a minute passes before Klayton is walking in, equally as sweaty and shirtless. I gulp. I tried my best to not look at the sheen of sweat that was covering his abs and muscular arms.

I really tried.

His dark eyes immediately shoot to me, as if he could feel my eyes hungrily taking all of him in. A smirk is plastered on his face and with hooded eyes, once he reaches me, he leans down and seals a kiss onto my lips.

The people around watch the scene before them, happily chirping on as they know their Alpha has found his mate.

If only they knew everything that was going on.

If only they knew our bond has been tampered with.

By their Moon Goddess; the entity they pray to, the one they praise to heavens above.

If only they knew.

I blush fervently under their scrutinizing stares, Klayton notices and shoots a growl in their directions. I watch as they quickly continue on and pretend nothing even happened just moments prior.

"How did you sleep last night?" Klayton asks as he slightly nuzzles my neck, inhaling. I shudder at the feeling and he places a quick peck onto the part of my shoulder that meets my neck.

"Probably would have been better if you had joined me..." I whisper back to him. I see a few heads around the table sneak some glances as the words came out of my mouth.

Right.... exceptional werewolf hearing.

Klayton chuckles and grabs my hand as I finish my cereal. "Let's get out of here," he says to me.