39 |

🖤 PLEASE VOTE AND FOLLOW ME 🖤

I laid with Klayton —I just wanted to be close to him. After I had left the forest, the reality of everything started to sink in, and his presence was the only thing that could start to calm me.

I had picked the red book off the forest floor and could feel that it no longer held power. It was now tucked away in one of my bags; I didn't want to think about it anymore. It had caused too much trouble.

As I laid in his arms, I wondered where Embry had gone. I didn't think about it for too long because something inside me told me that I would be seeing him again soon. I hope physically shivered at the thought.

Currently, I was wearing a turtleneck and leggings despite Klayton's chest being a constant source of heat. I couldn't have him seeing my veins yet.

He kissed my new hair, breathing in the scent. Initially, he was disturbed by the drastic change —he didn't like that I was becoming more like her, but I think it grew on him.

"Are you not hot?" Klayton whispered huskily as he pulled at the collar of my shirt. I knew what he wanted, but I wasn't in the mood. And I wasn't ready to explain about my blood.

I didn't answer the question.

"Tell me a story," I sighed as I nudged my head against Klayton's chest.

"Okay, close your eyes," he said as he stroked my hair. I could feel his eyes on my face, watching my expression and waiting for me to follow his command. I do, letting my eyelids fall, giving me a much needed relief. He clears his throat softly before beginning.

"Once upon a time, there was a royal family who ruled over a great deal of land. They had a little boy, who was in line to one day rule the kingdom. The little boy lived a lavish childhood in his palace, growing up with nothing but the best. And when his parents died he was ready to take over. However, the day that he was meant to take the throne something happened. He was out, walking on the grounds when he was attacked, by a wolf. He was left there, struggling for his life, when a girl approached him.

"She had a bow and arrow on her back and striking white hair. She told him that she was a goddess. She explained what was happening to him, explained that he had been destined to become more than a ruler. He was destined to become an Alpha. And when he finally changed into a wolf he knew she was right.

When he changed back to his human form he was different; he was stronger, his senses were heightened, his features had morphed into her perfect design. Soon, every night, people of the village of Myersdale were attacked, bitten by these special wolves the moon Goddess had created. It was the birth of werewolves.

Eventually, the attacks stopped, but the children that were being born held the same characteristics as their parents and changed into werewolves as they grew older. It was the start of the race that eventually began to split off and venture out, creating different bloodlines and new packs.

Yet, over it all, an Alpha watched, watched his kingdom grow... and waited for his queen,"

I could feel Klayton's hot breath against my head, but it felt like I had stopped breathing. At first, the story made me jealous, and then sad, but in the end, I felt content.

I was going to become his queen so we could rule together. And with that thought, I drifted off to sleep.

That was until I was awakened by a growl that shook the room. I could feel a breeze on my legs. I sat up quickly and rubbed my eyes only to meet the bewildered face of Alpha Klayton.

"You were overheating and tossing around so I was going to change you," he growled in a voice so quiet I almost didn't hear him. "Adira...what the fuck is this?"