17 |

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!

Klayton and I decided that we were going to hit up the library the next day.

This trip, of course, included Lenna and Isaac.

We had all parked our asses along the part of the library specifically pertaining to supernaturals.

How ironic I was currently surrounded by three.

"I'm not seeing anything about curses or humans with magic around here," Lenna mutters bitterly. I think she was a little crabby when Klayton suggested that her and Isaac help us find anything that could relate to my curse, instead of having sex.

Clearly she needed to get laid.

"We haven't been looking long," Isaac rolls her eyes at her. "Just keep searching and maybe something will pop up."

"Well," Klayton drawls. "We know that all curses and spells begin with a witch, right? Let's start there?"

"Good idea," I nodded my head towards him with a slight smile. He mirrors my actions.

Isaac watches the two of us and pretends to make gagging noises. As if I haven't heard him and Lenna going at it like rabbits through the thin walls.

I don't say that last part out loud.

We had been flipping through multiple books, even going through the ones that hadn't been touched in so long they were starting to collect dust. After skimming through about my ninth book, I pried one open and coughed at the small dust that flew around.

Catching my breath and clearing my throat, my eyes almost bulge out at what I read within this old relic.

It clearly states, "How to Resist a Mate Bond" in very nearly inscribed hand writing.

This book is a journal, I said to myself thoughtfully.

Klayton peers up at me through the pages of his small journal he had claimed, as if sensing my sudden dismay. I open my mouth to say something, though nothing comes out.

My stomach flutters with butterflies and a little bit of anxiety at what may be lurking inside the pages.

Lenna suddenly perks up. "Did you find something?" She asks me, rather eagerly.

She clearly wanted to get out of here.

I nod, dumbfounded.

The three of them silently walk over to me, and we all sit on the carpeted floor of the library in a small circle. I cross my legs, aiming to get comfortable, before placing the journal in the middle of our formation.

Klayton's eyes narrow on it, burning holes into the material with just his steely gaze. I guess I would hold resentment too.

"What does it say?" Isaac whispers. We all glance at each other before I gingerly pick it up and begin reciting the words.

"To end a pair destined to mate,
Magic is needed to seal this fate.
You must be wise,
This darkness can be hard,
For if you continue,
You may be dealt the wrong card."

We all sit silently stunned in union. I breathe out a small and shakey breath. I peer at Klayton whose eyebrows are furrowed tightly together— clearly he is concerned and trying to decipher the meaning behind this riddle.

"Well what the fuck does that mean?" Lenna asks. A small wry laugh drags out of me, slightly wondering the same thing.

"Does it say anything else Addy?" Isaac asks me. I flip through a few more pages and everything else turns up blank. I shrug with a small frown on my face.