20 |

I do the most rebellious thing I can think of.

I drop my towel.

Klayton's eyes catch the movement of it slowly cascading to the floor and his jaw literally drops at the sight before him.

Here I am, standing naked in-front of my mate.

My teacher.

I bite my lip, taking a step closer to Klayton. No, this was not what I had told him to come over for. This just seems like a more fun idea though.

Klayton seems to have the exact opposite thought as he quickly turns away from me, choking on air and gasping. Worriedly, I run up to him and grab his arm.

"Oh my god, Klayton! Are you okay?"

He tries to gently shrug me off, completely avoiding eye contact and especially skin contact.

"Adira, please stop. I'm fine, really," he tells me. He walks over to my bed and grabs one of my soft blankets. He sighs and walks back towards me and gently wraps it around my body.

I almost pout.

"Do you not want me?"

"Adira. You can't be serious," he deadpans.

"God, Klayton! At this point I don't even know what to think," I throw my hands up in exasperation.

"I want you more than I've ever wanted anything in my fucking life."

"Then act like it."

He sighs frustratedly and runs his fingers through his hair. This is becoming a routine now.

We both end up sitting on my bed, facing one another.

"I want this," he says pointing to both of us, "When everything is figured out. When you know this is for sure something you want —That I am someone you can accept forever,"

I gulp.

"You're right, and I'm sorry for putting you in an uncomfortable position. We don't have to rush this," I tell him with a soft smile. I place my hand on the side of his face and run my finger along his cheek. His eyes close at the movement.

At the exact time he smiles at my touch, I frown at it.

What the...?

I didn't feel the sparks.

The intense connection.

The satisfied, twisting bond of pleasure.

Gone.

As if Klayton can sense my internal panic, he looks at me worriedly. My hand drops from his face and falls to my side. I'm dumbfounded once again. The bond that I had finally began to embrace, taken right from my arms. I look up to Klayton with unshed tears in my eyes, my heart starting to beat frantically in my chest.

"Baby, what's wrong?" he asks me, drawing my hands into his chest.

"Klayton I-I can't feel it,"

"You can't feel what?"

"The sparks. The bond. Us," I tell him. "It feels like I'm wearing that stupid necklace again,"

His mouth pops open and he begins shaking his head, as if he truly doesn't believe the words coming out of my mouth.

I wish they weren't true.

"No Adira," he says. "You have to be mistaken."

I watch as he pulls me in close and starts peppering small kisses all across my face. He starts at my forehead, then my cheeks, my nose and finally my lips. He presses harshly against them and I feel a tear fall down against our moulded lips.