❅ 04 ❅

after a eventful day of shopping, everyone made it back to the little hotel and were lounging around jay and bella's room. everyone was watching as jay slept soundly in her bed, falling asleep after a movie. bella was still up, getting ready herself to go to bed as well.

"are we not gonna talk about what happened earlier?" edward suddenly popped up. everyone turned to him, even the sleepy bella.

"that my close human friend could potentially be nonhuman?" bella grumbled as she curled up next to her friend. edward sighed.

"we need to talk about it soon-"
"after i sleep."

the room went silent right after, as the others listened to the two heart beats slowly sync.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

"last day! we gotta make the most of it!" her eyes were bright, the blue pools of the ocean within her eyes glimmer as she stared at her companions.

"alright, where too?" emmet popped up, putting an arm around the shorter girl. bluejay smiled.

"ice skating?" bella cried as she tried to stand up on the bladed shoes. jay giggled as she stared at her best friend.

"don't worry jingle bells, i'll be right next to you if you need me!" bella glared at her friend, before stumbling towards the entrance of the icy floor.

the cullens were already skating around the frozen pond, easily passing stumbling civilians and chatting comfortably with each other, edward trailed behind his girlfriend and her best friend, laughing slightly at the two before him.

Jay quickly grabbed bella's hands and led her slowly into the ice, skating backwards as she tried to help her clumsy friend balance.

"be careful." edward called, skating up next to the pair. bella groaned, glaring at the tall man before stumbling again, pulling jay closer. jay laughed as she help bella stand up again, and the process continued.

bella eventually got the hang of it, but kept jay's left hand in a vice like grip. edwards own hand placed lightly on her waist. the three slowly skated around, the others passing by them, teasing them.

"hey bella wanna see something cool." jay smirked, staring with. right eyes at bella. the swan girl stared blankly.

"it's it's another 'my dick' joke i swear-" jay giggle before shaking her head. she slowly let go of bella's hand and skated towards the center of the frozen lake.

and she peformed a perfect and beautiful spinning jump landing at a 90 degree angle and skating back towards bella.

"that's. it fair! you've lived in snow all you life!" bella whined as jay laughed. edward nodded at the white haired girl.

"it was impressive though," edward paused, giving bella a look," angel." jay paused, looking at edward.

"angel? that's what my dad calls me." jay giggled before skating away. edward furrowed his eyebrows.

"she hesitated."