❅ 23 ❅

"after i had died, i woke up in a cold dark room."

the room was dark, jay could feel the shivers already crawling up her spine at the cold sensation of the concrete underneath her feet. she was hanging, her arms suspended above her head, and feet perfectly flat on the floor, chained to the ground.

she tried to call out, but it was nearly impossible. her throat was dry, scratchy and it felt as if someone grabbed her vocal cords and yanked them out.

her throat burned.

"i tried to call out. but, it hurt to much.

she looked around, trying to make sense of where she was at, was this hell? no it couldn't be. angels cease to exist after death.

and hell, if it was, lucifer would have her ruling hell by his side.

all she saw, were the dark walls, barely lit up by the bulb that dangled a few feet in front of her. she could make out a steel door, and the locks that were scattered all over the right side.

"i was in a cell, a blank, concrete cell."

the room would have been so easy to tear down, bring forth a blizzard with strong winds, she thought.

but the cold air didn't pick up.

"i tried to use my magic. tried to freeze the chains so i could break them but, i couldn't."

attempting again and again, she grew frustrated. her powers weren't working, meaning the shackles were made of angelium, the only metal in the world that could kill a divine being. 

she sighed, looking around. she didn't want to worry about what was to come, worry about why she was their and not floating in an abyss or relaxing in her realm.

she was scared. something she hadn't felt since her brother was casted out. she was terrified.

"i was terrified, an emotion not really known to angels."

everything around her began to make jae paranoid.

finally, the door opened.

the man was large, burly, a brute. his hair was jet black, and his eyes an ugly faded white. his skin was soft, silk almost. it was the only thing 'bright' about his appearance.

he wore a black clock, with ruby accessories.

she knew this man, she knew him too well.

"it was one of the people i thought i could trust the most. it was my father, glendale."

with eyes wide, jay tried to wrap her head around the situation.

"what- why's going on?!" she yelled, staring the smirking man down. he simply continued to smirk, his eyes glowing with sadistic ideas and thoughts.

"oh young jael. if you ya donkey listened to me when i said to not get attached. your love for humans almost rivals that of your brother's." jay furrowed her eyebrows.

"love? lucy hates humans."

"oh no, he doesn't. did he ever tell you the truth?" jay shook her bead at the man, watching as his smirk turned even more sadistic.

"oh of course he didn't, he was cursed not too." jay glared.

"what did you do to my brother!" she growled.

"i didn't want to believe that my father had lied to me, who would right? but as i looked deeper into his eyes, heard more of his 'evil monologue' i knew, that this was the most honest he has ever been with me."

"he tried to warn poor adam and eve of their destruction. tried to feed them an apple that would make them immune to my powers, to save them and help them grow. oh but he failed, i caught him before he could." jay wanted to cry out.

after a millennia, she had believe that her brother had broken a sacred rule, in reality he only tried to break a false vision.

jay glared.

"what do you mean, we're you trying to destroy the two humans?"

his laughed was loud and cold. it wasn't the one she grew up hearing when one of her brother pranked the other, it wasn't the one when he would watch the humans play.

no, it was one he used when he tortured dark angels.

"of course i was! my two most perfect weapons were getting to close to them, they had to be killed off, so my weapons were even mire powerful."

jay wants to cry.

"he called me a weapon. he called me and lucy weapons. and that's all i ever was to him, not a daughter, not a friend, a weapon of his to use against my other two fathers."

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

i am well aware this is a bit early, but i couldn't wait any long to post the next three chapters.

enjoy and sorry for the wait

-jae