❅ 14 ❅

there's a bit of a time skip here, cause i'm sure i'm not the only one whose missing jay.

bella has awoken and the threat of the volturi is known. if people want to me to write what goes one between where we left off to now, i did write an 'extras' chapter, but jay isn't really mentioned. besides renesme's name being told to the family.

"a lot of red eyes." jacobs comment made bella chuckle, her own slightly red eyes glancing at the wolf.

"they promised not to hunt anywhere near your lands or forks." bella reassured.

"but they'll still feed."

edward glanced down at the phone in his hand, waiting for the familiar ding, and alice's usually constant texts coming across the screen.

he was even more disappointed when they never came across.

"hey." his gold eyes snapped up to meet the eyes of his lover. he smiled slight.

"hi."

bella sat down next to him, looking at he phone clutched in his hand.

"she wouldn't just leave us, maybe she saw something that needed to be felt with immediately." bella reassured. edward glanced up.

"that's not just it." he mumbled. clicking a new contact, the name of a certain angel popped up.

"whenever we need help." bella mumbled, catching edwards eyes as she nodded.

two rings later and the familiar, spine tingling voice drifted through the phone.

"hello edward."

⋆ ⋆

"so you're telling me, they had a fucking kid?"

"listen M,  i've said this 8 times already."

"but like isn't she like your baby or something." a large inhale and a loud sigh came form a very irritated woman. she glared at the man as another stifled a laugh.

"she's one of my lost souls."

" aren't you supposed to like, kill her then?"

"omg no!"  the other man finally burst as he cackles at the two adults arguing in front of him.

"mack just leave." mack huffs as he shakes his head, shooting a smug smirk towards the woman before bouncing out of the room. the man looks over to the woman, a teasing grin in his face.

"shut up luci."