❅ 17 ❅

jae here, i just wanted to say this chapter is a bit different from my past chapters. it's a flash back and a bit of insight into bluejay's life. i promise, we will get to the part we are all waiting for soon.

ID ALSO LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT NO THE THREE FATHERS ARE NOT 'TOGETHER' THEY ARE BROTHERS, THEY ARE JUST CALLED THE FATHERS.

"seriously brother, why must you do this?" a bell like voice whined as a young female was dragged through bright white and gold hallways. a tall male chuckles as he grins a bright smile.

"because sister, it's my job to bother you." the young female groaned before following behind her brother. the brother and sister duo finally made it to the garden, the brother smiling bright as he stopped walking, turning around.

"do you like it?" he asked, his light red eyes beaming into his sister crystal blue orbs. she smiled, looking around.

he knew of her love for flowers, especially baby breaths, one of the creations she believed her fathers did perfectly job creating.

"it's beautiful samiel." the man, samiel smiled brightly before hugging his sister.

"ah thank you jael!" he was much younger than her, which she found hilarious as he looked like a huge bear, his personality certainly displaced his younger age.

"i'm always proud of you sammy. never doubt that." jael mumbled as she patted his back. samiel stepped back and nodded.

"do you think our fathers will have another quest for you?" he asked, grabbed jael's hand and guiding her through the garden. jael sighed, she knew of his hatred for her quest, but she couldn't help it, it's part of her.

"you must remember sammy, this is a part of me, something i cannot just drop. but i promise, i'll always come back to you, and give you a big hug alright." jael promised, pausing and staring into samuel's red eyes.

"pinky promise?" samiel asked childishly, causing jael to laugh.

"yes you big baby, i promise."

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

"sammy?" jael calles, stepping through the large gates. she saw younger angels padding around, carrying boxes and some holding grim expressions. one turned towards jael, a sad smile on her face as she scurried away. confused and worried, jael rushes through the palace doors, running around the halls in search for her brother.

"jael?" the voice was loud and booming, belonging to her younger brother, micheal, one of her many brothers who believe they are more powerful than the eldest.

"micheal, have you seen sammy?" jael asked. micheal sighed, looking around.

"come, let's go see our fathers." the statement worried jael, she never has to see the three men unless she has a quest or there is an attack.

"ahh jael welcome home." a booming voice called out joyfully as soon as jael stepped into the thrown room. jael didn't smile towards her kinder father.

"where is samiel?" she asked bluntly. all three fathers grew furious, angered and disgusted.

"that brother of yours has been casted out!" her father, glendale, boomed as he slammed his fist in his chair. jael jumped, her white wings fluttering behind her as they attempt to take her away from the possible threat.

"what?" jael choked out. her kinder father, Deail, smiled sadly.

"yes dear, he went against our most sacred rule." deail spoke sadly, his voice softer and more understanding. jael, confuses, stepped closer.

"what rule father?"

"the rule to never give a divine fruit to a human with ill intent." jael's head snapped towards her other father, eriel. jael shook her head, laughing to herself.

"impossible, my brother knows better than this, he would never hurt anyone." jael laughed in denial. deail sighed.

"i'm sorry dear."

"can't i see him one more time, you surely haven't already thrown him down yet right?" jael whispered, her hope for her brother slowly going away. glendale went to protest, before eriel cut in.

"of course dear."

"sammy!" his face was a bit bruised, most likely from mistreatment from the guards, but his features light up as soon as he saw his sister.

"jj!" he gasped out, shoving his arms through the rails to hug his sister as best as he could. jael grabbed him, hugging him back.

"you'll be alright sammy, the humans are strange but decent creatures okay." samiel's smile dropped.

"i have to go?" he asked, his eyes filling with crystal clear tears. jael sighed, her own eyes filling with tears. she placed a pale freckled hand on his face, smiling sadly at him.

"i'm sorry dear brother, i wish i could change their minds, but our fathers are ruthless when it comes to sacred rules, i wish i could to more for you brother." jael sighed sadly. samiel nodded sadly, looking deeply into his sisters eyes.

"then i'll help you in anyway i can, anytime you are on earth, let me know, and i will help you whenever you need it. i'll try to keep the dark angels away, so you can complete your quests. just promise me one thing, please?" his voice cracked as tears fell down his face. jael nodded.

"don't forget to give me a hug after every quest." he sobbed. jael's own tears fell down in waves, linking her pinky with his own, she kisses his forehead.

"always dear brother, always."