Brunch

"Dad can't I just skip brunch this once?" Maddie whined as she chased her father around the house.

"No, Bart Bass is hosting this and you know how important your presence is at his events" Maddie's dad countered. Maddie huffed blowing the bangs out of her face.

"Get dressed and don't make me say it again" Maddie's dad lectured. She climbed the stairs in a childish manner stomping her heel harder than usual against the stairs.

She shuffled the clothes around that hung in the oversized closet of hers. After a few minutes Maddie settled on the black cocktail dress that still had the tags on it.

She pinned half her hair back into a small slightly messy bun before swiping on the final touch of lip gloss.

"Madeline?" Her father called out.

"Coming" she responded back with. She hurried down the stairs and they both head downstairs and into the limo.

"Best behavior please" her father sternly said as he shifted through some papers he brought in his briefcase.

"I'm not five" she huffed leaning her head against the cold window of the limo.

"Mr.Rose we have arrived" the limo driver said as he opened the door. Maddie and her father exited at once and headed upstairs to the brunch.

"M you look stunning" Blair squealed as Maddie walked in. Maddie was fully aware Blair was lying. Maddie looked okay, the dress was boring and her makeup was lacking.

"Oh thanks B. You look amazing as well" Maddie responded back. Blair grabbed Maddie's hand leading her to the table they were all seated at.

"Morning" Nate said with a smile.

"Good morning" Maddie said sitting down next to Chuck. "I see that black eye of yours got even worse" Maddie teased.

"Shut up. I don't want to talk about it" he said sipping on his mimosa.

"Here now drink up" Blair said handing Maddie a mimosa from the waitresses tray.

Maddie not wanting to make a scene grabbed the mimosa and placed it in front of her. The table began to talk and laugh when Blair's face looked like she had seen a ghost.

"B?" Maddie asked before turning her attention towards Blair's gaze.

"You have got to be kidding" Blair laughed.

"Did you not expect her to come" Maddie asked. Her mother Lily was still very involved in this circle making Serena just as involved as well.

"This show be fun" Chuck said quite amused.

Maddie got up from the table about to go get herself a glass of water when a hand touched her shoulder.

"Madeline" Bart Bass said.

"Mr. Bass an amazing brunch as usual" Maddie said.

"I just had something to ask of you. If you wouldn't mind keeping an eye on my son. After showing up with a black eye I can tell he needs someone looking out for him" Bart Bass asked.

Maddie knew this was one of the many attempts making Maddie and Chuck a couple.

"It's no problem Mr.Bass. I'll keep an eye on Chuck" Maddie said with a smile.

"Thank you and call me Bart" he said before walking away.

Maddie looked around for Chuck to find a circle and formed with Blair, Chuck, Nate, Serena and Jenny's brother.

"Chuck your lovely father has asked for me to keep an eye on you and that black eye" Maddie sassed as she joined the circle.

"Now what is going on here?" Jenny's brother asked.

"We were just getting to that" Blair sweetly said.

"Blair, please, don't do this" Serena begged. Maddie looked at her friends quite confused.

"Sorry. Oh, do you want to tell him?" Blair connivingly asked.

"I'll tell him" Chuck said.

"You know?" Blair and Nate said in unison.

"Know what?" Maddie asked.

"I know everything" Chuck said.

"And apparently, I know nothing" the brother said. Maddie shook her head in agreeance.

"Same and these are my so called friends" Maddie said with a pout. She crossed her arms across her chest.

"Look, Dan, It - It was a long time ago, and I regret it" Serena began. Maddie could tell she was tip toeing around something.

"Look, Serena, stop trying to pretend you're a good girl" Chuck lectured.

"Chuck quit it" Maddie said slapping him on his chest.

"So you slept with your best friend's boyfriend. I kind of admire you for it" Chuck continued.

Silence filled the air.

"Is that true?" Jenny's brother asked. Serena looked anywhere but Dan's eyes.

"Well then she ran away and lied about it" Blair continued.

"Enough" Maddie snapped. Blair let out a chuckle.

"I just thought you should know before you fall head over heels for your perfect girl in her perfect world. Then get left all alone with no one but your cabbage patch kid"

"Cabbage patch?" Nate questioned.

"Did you talk to my sister?" He asked.

"Ah, yes, little Jenny. I do believe she and I have unfinished business" Chuck said.

Maddie stepped in front of Chuck trying to stop him from doing anything his father would be upset about.

"Chuck let it go. It's not the time or the place" Maddie whispered looking back at Jenny's brother. He stepped forward and Chuck pushed Maddie away.

"You stay away from her"

"Poor Daniel. So little time, so many sluts to defend"

Dan pushes Chuck backwards flying into a waiter. Chuck looks amused at Dan for his actions.

"It's fine. It's fine. Everyone can stop looking. He's a jerk" Dan announced. Maddie ran over to Chuck making sure he was okay. After all his father was probably watching intensely.

Dan left at once. Everyone went their own way leaving me and Chuck by ourselves.

"Chuck" Bart Bass said under his breath.

Maddie straightened out his tie before sending him in on his way to his dad.

"Madeline. We are leaving" Maddie's father said. She  followed her father out to the limo. The two not exchanging a word.