Baby Makes Three

"Can you just tell your dad we broke up or something?" Maddie asked Chuck. She was seated on his bed hoping to get a quick conversation in before they had to join the family downstairs for breakfast.

"Oh please don't tell me you aren't enjoying this. My father is happy with me for once in my life. You have a family to hang out with. This can't be that painful for you" Chuck lectured.

"Plus you didn't mind staying the night in my bed back in Monaco" Chuck grinned.

"We weren't going to mention that. I was tipsy and you were trying to get your mystery girl off your mind. It was a thank you for saving me from Baizen" Maddie countered back. Chuck laughed at her comment.

"What is going on in here?" Serena asked as she barged through the door.

"Chuck won't break up with me" Maddie whined as she fell back onto the bed looking up at the ceiling.

"This whole pretending to date is getting out of hand" Serena commented before leaving the room.

"Wait Serena" Maddie called out following her out of the room.

"I have a problem" Maddie whispered.

Serena and Maddie talked quietly for a minute until Chuck exited his bedroom dressed and ready for school.

"Breakfast" Bart called from the bottom of the stairs. They all exchanged looks and headed downstairs joining Lily, Bart and Eric at the table.

"Good morning Chuck, Serena, Maddie" Bart greeted. Lily smiled at the children before taking a sip of coffee.

Serena grabbed a couple of grapes before excusing herself from the table.

"I have to run an errand before school. See you later" Serena said before sprinting off before her mother could object.

"It's so nice to have join us for breakfast every morning Madeline. You father has expressed his gratitude to Bart and I but we wanted to just remind you you're welcome over anytime. Charles obviously enjoys having you as well" Lily commented.

Maddie cracked a smile before placing some fruit into her mouth. Internally she wanted to roll her eyes at Chuck.

"The limo is here" one of the maids announced. Chuck, Maddie and Eric all got up and left the penthouse.

"My father is loving every minute of this" Chuck muttered to Maddie as they sat in the limo.

"I'm glad you're enjoying this. I think this has given my dad another reason not be home ever. Last I saw him was two weeks ago for maybe five hours before he flew to France" Maddie commented.

"I don't know why you two do this" Eric commented. Eric and Serena were the only ones aware of this fake dating since it primarily took place in front of Bart in the house.

Maddie had been blessed with no gatherings or appearances with the upper east side socialites yet.

"One answer- my father" Chuck said. The rest of the limo ride was quiet.

Just as Maddie exited the limo in front of the Met her gossip girl notification went off.

S spotted at the local bodega buying pregnancy tests. Is S really with child?~ Gossip Girl

Maddie rushed over to Serena and Blair who were arguing quietly with each other.

"How could you not tell me" Blair argued.

"It's not for me" Serena commented back.

"Then for who?" Blair asked annoyed. Her arms wrapped around her chest.

"It's me" Maddie said walking towards the girls.

"M... with who?" Blair asked.

"Can we all meet at my place after school. I'll explain then" Maddie said before heading into school.

That afternoon Maddie paced the floor of her empty penthouse waiting for the elevator to open with Serena and Blair walking out of it.

"Pregnant Ugh how could I let this happen" Maddie thought to herself repeatedly.

Maddie snapped out of her dazed state when her phone notification went off. Serena wasn't able to come as something came up with Dan.

"Maddie?" Blair called out from the entrance.

"Oh B" Blair's concerned voice made Maddie sob at once. She had been holding these emotions and feelings in all day and it had gotten to the point where she couldn't hold back anymore.

Blair in that moment became quite concerned for her best friend.

"Come on let's go upstairs and you can explain everything to me" Blair said in a maternalistic way.

After all Maddie lacked the maternal figure in life. She looked to her friend's moms and the maid that's raised her when in need.

"Ok M tell me what happened" B said sitting next to Maddie on her bed.

"The night Nate came to Monaco Chuck and I slept together. It was an idiotic move on both of our parts. We were both too tipsy to care and Chuck wanted to forget a girl...so one thing lead to another" Maddie explained.

"You slept with Chuck?" Blair asked bewildered by the idea.

"I'm faking date him for his dad. Chuck gave him the impression we were together back in Monaco and well we never ended it. Only Serena and Eric knew cause that's when we put on the show but now.... what if I'm pregnant with chuck's kid?"

"That man whore" Blair muttered under her breathe.

"Don't remind me"

"I slept with Chuck like a few days before the trip" Blair confessed.

"Didn't you sleep with Nate he told us when he came" Maddie stated confused.

"I slept with both. Nate just thinks I slept with him first he doesn't know" Blair cried out.

"You're the girl" Maddie said under her breath realizing Chuck was still obsessing over Blair in Monaco.

"Enough about me. Go take a test" Blair said pushing Maddie into the bathroom.

Five minutes later Maddie emerged with mascara staining her skin.

"It's positive"

Maddie's world in that moment officially stopped