One Year

Maddie over the last couple of weeks had been trying to avoid everyone. Katy, Chuck, her father. Even Serena, Nate and Blair.

Embarrassed about what had occurred at thanksgiving, Maddie had thrown herself into school using it as an excuse for everything.

Unfortunately for her, her time at school was coming to an end. Her last final was today, on the one year anniversary of Bart Bass' passing.

Maddie feeling guilty for shunning Chuck had decided to reach out to him. Making sure he was okay because they all know what happened after his father passed... Chuck dived off the deep end.

"Hey" Maddie awkwardly said into the phone.

"Hey"

"I know I've been an ass these past couple of weeks but I'm here to call truce. I'm sorry"

"I forgive you. I've been a slight ass myself lately as well. Throwing all my focus in work. The empire is doing good but I can't just rely on that"

"I have my last final today around 5pm I should be done by 8. What do you say we have a late dinner?"

"That sounds amazing. See you tonight" Chuck responded back.

"Oh Chuck! I know it's a hard day. Don't forget it's okay to be sad and vulnerable. You're allowed to feel" Maddie said before ending the call. Maddie wanted to tread carefully with this topic.

Maddie had just successfully fixed one of her relationships. She was now hoping to fix her relationship with Katy.

The two barely spoke to each other and they both made it a point to be out while the other was in the dorm.

Maddie wanting to know when Katy would be became in the dorm walked over to the desk to sneak a peek at her schedule.

Her well manicured finger skimmed over the calendar trying to find December 10th.

Suddenly the door opened and Katy walked in.

"What are you doing?" Katy asked all mad.

"I was trying to see when you would be back. I want to talk" Maddie said.

"There's nothing to talk about. I'm moving out tomorrow since I'm finished. I'm transferring to another school next semester... far away from you" Katy expressed.

"Katy I didn't mean to hurt you"

"I didn't want to know. You knew that"

"I tell my friends everything. I didn't think Nate would betray me and tell my secret at the thanksgiving table"

"That doesn't take back what you did. Don't come looking for me ever again" Katy harshly said as she walked towards the door, slamming it behind her.

Maddie sighed. Prior to the semester things were great. Now she has a strained relationship with her friends, her boyfriend, and her sister.

Maddie wanted to run after her and try to make things better but knew she needed to study. She headed to the library for a cramming session before heading to the final.

A few hours and a mental breakdown later Maddie was heading to her last final of the semester.

She was beyond proud of herself and the work she had put in. She had proven to herself and her father was capable of making decisions and being an adult. Although he wasn't here to actually witness it.

Just as Maddie was about to shove her phone away, Chuck had texted her, wishing her good luck. Moments like this reassured why she knew being with Chuck was right.