Murder Mystery

"Thank you for gathering here today. In the recent events regarding my father I would like to ensure investors, customers and those that work at Rose Real Estate that the company will be better than ever. I, Madeline Rose will be taking leadership" Maddie announced as cameras flashed.

She smiled looking at the people in the crowd only to spot one person that mattered the most.

"Thank you" Maddie said once more before exiting the podium and stage. She walked to the back of the room where Chuck stood.

"Congratulations on owning your own empire" Chuck said giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"I have to say. If it wasn't for your help and letting me stand by your side I wouldn't feel comfortable taking this position"

"I look forward to doing business with you. My father may be back but I still have say in what Bass Industries does" Chuck said. "I hope you'll come and see it for yourself tonight"

"I wouldn't miss it" Maddie said before excusing herself. She walked around greeting people and answering questions. She wanted to show she was the new fresh face of Rose Real Estate and she was to be taken seriously.

Later that evening Maddie walked into the Bass Industries press conference to find Bart Bass talking.

"So starting today, I will be the only Bass in Bass industries" Bart announced. Maddie could see Chuck's smile fade to a disappointed look.

Chuck swiftly exited the stage and headed to the roof where Maddie followed after.

"That was rough. I'm sorry" Maddie said hesitantly walking towards Chuck.

"I don't need your pity"

"I'm not here because I pity you. I came here to be honest with you. Today after you came to see me announce my takeover of the company, I couldn't help but think you're the person I want to be with. Standing by side. I love you. I'm in love with you" Maddie softly expressed.

Chuck had a stone cold face with tears pooling in his eyes.

"I tried to pretend it wasn't there. I tried to marry another man. I tried but I don't want to anymore"

"So what?" Chuck responded harshly.

"Let's be together. Not play games or waste time. I don't want to do one more thing in life unless you're by my side. Isn't that what you want?"

"It was, before I lost everything"

"Bass Industries isn't everything. We can take over Rose Real Estate together. It can be our future"

"A future with your name on it. The only reason Rose Real Estate has a future is because I gave mine up for yours. I stupidly chased after you when I should have been focused on work. My father was right. I always put you first, and you bet against me every time" Chuck spat. "Now I have nothing"

"You have me" Maddie said grabbing Chuck's hand. He instantly ripped it from her grasp.

"It's not enough. I need a future. One without you" Chuck said before walking away.

Maddie stood alone on the roof unsure of what to do next.
———
Three months later....

"Nancy forward those calls to my cellphone, I'll be out of the office for the rest of the day" Maddie said pushing her laptop and other essential items in her bag before sprinting out of the office.

Maddie over the last few months had been miserable. Wishing she had done what she's was going to do tonight sooner.... confessing her love once more for Chuck. This time saying no.

She was planning on talking to Chuck at the man of the year event. Unfortunately for Maddie it was honoring Bart Bass.

Nonetheless Maddie was determined to change Chuck's mind. She headed home to her new penthouse overlooking Central Park.

The price was steep but overall worth it for the view alone. Maddie had also figured a high position called for a high priced penthouse, preferably one not owned by her father.

Maddie walked in quickly switching on some lights before shifting through the rack of dresses that had been dropped off. One in particular had caught her eye. A Blair Waldorf design.

Maddie in this last few months hadn't really spoken to anyone. She had heard Serena was dating Steven Spence, Blair and Dan broke up only for Blair to crawl straight back to Nate. As for Chuck, Maddie could only assume he was throwing himself into something. Whether it be taking his father down or trying to build up his own empire, one without Bart Bass.

Maddie shimmed then dress on before heading out to the event.

She felt slightly overwhelmed when she walked in. After all she was at an event honoring a man that destroyed her life.

Maddie went to the bar to grab a quick drink to calm her nerves when a voice practically caused her to jump out of her skin.

"Come to honor me tonight?" Bart asked.

"I'd be lying if I said yes. I'm actually here to speak with Chuck" Maddie said proudly.

"Too bad he's on plane to Moscow, Russia as we speak" Bart said. Right after a news channel broadcasted that a Bart Enterprise Plane has called for distress and is now missing.

Bart let out a chuckle making Maddie infuriated.

"You did this to him. Didn't you?" Maddie yelled.

"I have no clue what's you are talking about" Bart said before snapping his fingers. Security came over and escort Maddie onto the roof where she was locked out.

"Help" Maddie shouted pounding on the metal door. It was no use she was too high up for anyone on the street to hear her and the party downstairs masked the banging on the door.

Maddie slumped down onto the ground defeated.

A half an hour later the door opened and Bart walked onto the roof before the door closed.

"You know you seem to be the last end that needs tying" Bart sternly stated.

"The authorities will find out what you did. Killing your own son" Maddie announced. She had her phone recording the conversation.

"You think I'm dumb?" He yelled grabbing the phone out of her hand and smashing it against the concrete ground.

He began to push Maddie closer and closer to the edge of the building.

"Suicide, fell to your death at the news of your lover being dead as well. The will being placed on your desk as we speak stated Rose Real Estate becomes the possession of Bass Industries"

"Don't you dare put a hand on her" a voice shouted from the door. Chuck ran towards Maddie and Bart before stopping. Bart had his hands tightly on Maddie's wrist ready to push her over.

Chuck charged at his father hitting him square in the nose before pulling Maddie back away from the ledge.

"Oh my god. I thought you were on a plane to Moscow. It's all over the news the plane disappeared" Maddie cried out.

"How sweet. I can push both of you's at once" Bart threatened charging at the two. Chuck and Maddie both ducked out of the way sending Bart flying over the edge of the building.

"Give me your hand" Bart muttered desperately grasping onto the metal bar. His fingers slipping with each passing second.

"You know I'm all talk. I would never really hurt you" Bart spatted.

"Everything you say is a lie" Chuck yelled back.

"This isn't you son. Charles, help me" Bart said once more before falling to his death.

Maddie distraught stood frozen in her place.

"Come on we need to go" Chuck said grabbing Maddie's hand and rushing her off the roof.