The Book

"Mom don't be mad" Maddie said as her mother paced around the room.

"Mad Madeline. I'm outraged. Pregnant before your married and unsure of who the father is. You do know you need to take being a royal seriously?"

"I came here for help not be lectured. I'm flying to New York tomorrow to attend something. A friend of mine requires me to be in person. I'll figure it out when I'm there" Maddie said falling back onto her bed.

"You can't keep running off to New York. Your responsibilities are here now"

"I'll be home in 72 hours top. Louis already knows I'll be gone"

Her mother huffed at her comment before exiting the bedroom. Maddie furious with the situation threw some clothes in her bag before heading to the airport.
———
Maddie walked into the Humphrey's penthouse to be met by everyone else.

"Sorry I forgot how horrible the airport traffic is" Maddie said rushing into the living room.

"The Princess has arrived" Chuck commented. Maddie lightly nudged Chuck in his side as she stood next to him.

"Ok thanks everyone for coming" Dan said as he pulled open a cardboard box.

"I only have five minutes" Serena said.

"This better be important" Blair scoffed.

"What is this about?" Nate asked.

"Is everything alright?" Lily asked.

"Yeah what's going on Dan?" Rufus asked.

"This is going to be fun" Chuck muttered under his breath. Maddie gave him a weird look before turning towards Dan.

"I have a wedding to plan in Monaco. This better be worth me flying across the country in such short notice" Maddie said.

"I'm sorry to call everyone here on such short notice but eh, you know how there's been all this speculation about a book that's being published by an anonymous author?" Dan began

"Yeah. Gossip girl said it was about us" Nate spoke out.

"What book? God I move away for a not even two weeks and I'm already out of the loop" Maddie said trying to pull up gossip girl.

"It probably was just written by some loser who didn't know us" Blair stated.

"Well, not exactly" Dan said before reaching into the box and pulling out a book.

"I am that loser. I wrote it.... and it is based on you - sort of - all of you"

Dan handed out the books to each of them.

"Is there something I need to worry about being in here?" Maddie whispered to Chuck as she began to skim the pages.

"Dan portrays you as the partying whore in this book of friends" Chuck said with a grin.

"You can't publish this" Maddie said outraged.

"It's fiction. Just loosely based off of each of you"

"Maddie relax. I'm gay in this" Nate said laughing at a page he just read.

"He's exploiting my drug problem"

"It's Maggie Tulip that's the partying whore not you" Dan said trying to reassure Maddie.

"This, this can't come out. My mother is already done with me. Ready to send me to exile. If she finds out about this. I'll be shipped off to princess boot camp all over again" Maddie whined.

"What happened with your mom?" Serena softly asked. Maddie gave her a look that said I will tell you later.

"I'm sorry you feel that way but I have a book reveal party tonight. I'm hoping you all will come. Read it before though" Dan said before leaving.

"I guess I'll be seeing you all tonight" Maddie said before exiting the penthouse.

In between the meeting and party Maddie had scheduled a paternity test appointment.

Later that night Maddie walked into the book reveal party to be greeted by an overly enthusiastic woman.

"Madeline Rose" Maddie said thinking she was checking names on the RSVP list.

"Oh my god. You must be Maggie Tulip in the book"

"That's me! Although I'm not a partying whore in real life"

"No obviously you're mom and dad issues lead to you choosing the wrong man in the end. A prince you don't love" the woman said. Maddie furrowed her eyebrows at the comment.

"The drug overdose and the abuse of alcohol to fill voids in your life is quite understandable with the all the trauma you've experienced. I mean Charlie Trout sleeping with a much younger girl right before you two were about to be together forever. That would send me off the deep end as well"

"If you'll excuse me" Maddie said as she went looking for Dan. She came across him hiding out in the study.

"So you read it?" Dan asked.

"You can't do this to me. You exploited my life, my story and warped it into some tragic but extremely enthralling life. Louis finds out about this and he'll call the wedding off"

"You don't really love him anyways right?" Dan asked.

"The part about Maggie choosing the wrong guy?! You meant that's about me?"

"I just-"

"I'm pregnant. What more does that tell you" Maddie spat angry.

"You read the book too?" Serena asked walking in. She looked beyond pissed as well. Followed by Blair and Nate looking even madder.

"Stop the book or I'll have Europe's finest lawyers taking you to court" Maddie threatened.

"Wow M it's not that serious" Serena chimed in.

"You must not have read my part" Maddie said before leaving the study. Just as she was about to walk out the door Dan's assistant came in asking for a photo.

Maddie quickly smiled before leaving at once.

She stood outside waiting for her limo to come around the corner.

"Leaving early?" Chuck asked as he walked closer to Maddie.

"That book will cause more trouble than anyone thinks" Maddie said.

"What if it's right?" Chuck asked.

The limo pulled up and Maddie walked to the door about to open it when she turned around.

"Before the tabloids say anything, I wanted to tell you first. Louis and I are having a baby" Maddie said. She opened the door and slid inside not waiting to see Chuck's reaction.

Once the limo pulled away Maddie pulled out the unopened paternity test staring at it for a minute before shoving it back into her bag.