New Beginnings

"Welcome Back Ms.Rose" the doorman greeted. Maddie walked into the building luggage in hand.

"Thank you" she said stopping in the lobby. "Can you bring these up. I need to visit someone"

Maddie hopped back into the limo and headed off to Blair's.

"Blair come on. He's been spending the last few weeks in Europe. Probably testing different cultures as he would say" Maddie said disgusted at the thought of Chuck sleeping around.

"How did your summer go anyways? Relax retreat was the words you used to explain your secret mission" Blair teased.

"It was okay. Probably would have been better in the Hamptons all summer"

"I'm just looking forward to the dimly light NYU dorm I'm going to become Queen of" Blair said.

"Yeah I'm looking forward to the fresh start away from my dad and the penthouse. Look I better be going but thanks for the talk" Maddie said hugging Blair before leaving her apartment.

She headed home hoping to avoid her dad.

She exited the taxi and walked up to the building only to find Chuck Bass bearing gifts.

"How was your weeks in Europe. Heard you were all over the place" Maddie hesitantly stated.

"I was in Paris, stopped there to get Macaroons"

"And Italy?"

"I got new leather boots made with Italian leather of course" Chuck continued.

"What are you doing here?" Maddie asked looking around.

"You were right. Gossip girl was right. I was a coward. Everywhere I went you catch up with me, I had to come back"

"Look I want to believe you" Maddie began staring at the concrete ground too afraid to look Chuck in the eyes. "I don't think I can... You've hurt me too many times" Maddie said looking at Chuck.

"You can believe me this time" Chuck said.

The two stared at each other for a few minutes smiling unsure of what to do next.

"I love you too" Chuck said. Maddie instantly pressed her lips against his. The two not wanting to let go.

"Pinch me" Maddie joked. Chuck laughed.

"Thank you" Maddie whispered into Chuck's ear.

"No thank you, you made me see what I was missing all along" Chuck whispered back.

———
2 weeks later

"You do know I own a hotel right" Chuck jokes looking around the empty dorm room.

"I'm looking forward to this- this normalcy. Despite this being smaller than my closet back at the penthouse I wouldn't change it" Maddie said looking around.

"The bed is almost a foot from the ceiling" Chuck said examining it.

"It's lofted so I can put my desk underneath. I want all the space I can get" Maddie explained. Pushing the desk underneath to show Chuck.

"Sex at this height is daring. You know I love daring" Chuck joked. Maddie playful hit him on the chest.

"Can we maybe not scare away my neighbors" Maddie sarcastically asked with a raised eyebrow.

Chuck clicked his fingers and the movers began to bring in the boxes Maddie had packed.

"I think I brought too much" Maddie said looking around at all the boxes. "Thanks for helping me move in" Maddie said hugging Chuck and resting her head on his shoulder.

Chuck leaned in and kissed her forehead.

"I'm sorry to interrupt this is room 2023 right?"

Maddie shook her head yes at the lost stranger in the doorway.

"Hi, I'm your roommate Katy Benedict"

"Madeline Rose and my boyfriend Chuck Bass" Maddie greeted.

"Nice to meet you" Chuck said shaking her hand.

"Oh wow I didn't realize I was rooming with a socialite" Katy muttered watching the movers bring the boxes in. Maddie gave her a weak smile.

"Can we pick up the pace please?" Chuck called out to the movers in the hallway leaving Maddie alone with Katy.

Maddie watched the girl unpack her few belongs. Maddie looked for resemblance or similarities the two might share.

The girl after all was none other than her half-sister.